2017 Maidenfans.com Meetup discussion

Are you interested in going to a meetup?

• Total voters
If you're going to the London shows and travelling from somewhere in the UK that is not in the vicinity of London then I suggest booking train tickets now while there are still cheap ones available.

Good plan. They tend to come out three months before.

Edit. Nope. No cheap ones left.

In May public transport is more expensive than now? Stupid.
No, they offer special deals when the tickets first go on sale, just to get some money in as fast as possible, I suppose. Only a handful are offered at super advance deal prices and they sell out quickly. The rest are standard price.

I know. By the way, I'm taking the train as well. From the continent. :)
And also within London to Nush's place.

I found that my flight to London became unusually cheap and my flight from London was unusually expensive. Probably due to Ascension Thursday being the preceding Thursday, and this being a holiday in Norway, I assume many take a long weekend and travel. E.g. to London.

It looks like you can get cheap tickets from Boro to London, but not the other way. I suspect this is a bank holiday thing - and the train people might be expecting Boro to reach the FA Cup Final, which is the same weekend. What you need to do is split your journey: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/split-cheap-train-tickets/results/58c2577fb7ab20.42099971
FinancialWizard! I knew about journey splitting, but we're constrained by work hours. Even if I'm not working then, the BF can't easily leave early.

Me for one, and about eight or nine other regulars from this forum are meeting up on Saturday.

Back