The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Replacements for COTD:
What I would like to see: Killers, 22 Accacia Avenue, Die With Your Boots On, Sea Of Madness or Infinite Dreams
Realistic Options: Revelations, 2MTM, Wrathchild

Replacements for TOAC:
What I would like to see: Ghost Of The Navigator, Rainmaker, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns or Coming Home
Realistic Options: BNW, The Wicker Man, Coming Home

The best solution for me would be rotating 22AA and Sea Of Madness in the spot of COTD and rotating Ghost Of The Navigator and BTATS in the TOAC spot.

Yes and the song in question is definately Infin... Oh wait... Wrathchild!
They're going to replace CotD with Infinite Child. It's Wrathchild, except it never ends. The first gig of the tour will also serve as Maiden's last show, as the show will be stopped as soon as someone passes out from exhaustion.

Rhime for TRATB. Leave children and replace the monkey with great unknown. Bring Eddie out during killers which replaces IM. Does the band think that switch will upset any fans ? Really? I digress.
Any chance to get the aforementioned btats, ghost, or rainmaker would give my life new meaning as well.

I still think it way more likely that nothing changes than anything changing on the set list. Which, again, is fine as this is a great album tour.

The best solution for me would be rotating 22AA and Sea Of Madness in the spot of COTD and rotating Ghost Of The Navigator and BTATS in the TOAC spot.

I don't think you'll ever hear Sea of Madness played live. Midway through the Somewhere in Time tour Bruce proclaimed his distaste for the song and they dropped it from the setlist.

Looks like the Sheffield show is getting its own artwork.

image.jpeg

http://www.thestar.co.uk/whats-on/e...with-unique-sheffield-arena-artwork-1-8425038

Hopefully the rest of the shows on the UK leg all get the same treatment!

I don't think you'll ever hear Sea of Madness played live. Midway through the Somewhere in Time tour Bruce proclaimed his distaste for the song and they dropped it from the setlist.

Do you have a quote for this? It seems the song was dropped after the second show of the North American tour in 1987 and back in the day they used to play shorter sets in the States.

If anybody said anything about Sea Of Madness being a weak song that would be H. He said something like: I wrote quite a few songs for SIT, two of which turned out quite well (referring to WY and SIASL).

I imagine there will be an event shirt for Minnesota since they haven't been here in so long.

Would like to think the same thing for St. Louis, but alas, there was no event shirt in 2013 and I'm not holding my breath for one this year. So just because they haven't been there in so long isn't a guarantee.

St. Louis has the Gateway Arch, probably one of the most prominent monuments in the US... I really hope they don't miss the opportunity again to have a graphic of Eddie smashing through it!

I wouldn't count on event shirts for places that don't often get event shirts. I assume there will be an all encompassing US/NA tour shirt for most of those places instead.

Still kinda fuming that there was no Denver-specific shirt... what with the Broncos winning the Superbowl that year.
Which brings me to a merch question. I've been on a quest to even find just a picture of the tan/beige/khaki/whatever hoodie that was at one of the Denver merch booths. It had the colorful Mayan calendar Eddie, with a Maiden logo on the sleeve, I want to say. Anyway, it was way cool, and I was gonna grab one after the show, but they were sold out.
Does anybody else remember seeing this at merch stands in their cities? I can't believe there's not a single pic of it out there on the web, and am starting to think I hallucinated the damn thing.

I recall a hoodie which sounds like your description, but it was black and not tan. I wanted it but balked at the $100 price tag. I've seen them pop up on ebay from time to time.

I'd like to see more songs from Somewhere In Time to celebrate the 30th Anniversary but its real wishful thinking. I think the setlist will stay the same which I will be extremely happy with.

If anything changes, I bet it won't be any TBOS songs. I do wonder about Death Or Glory however since Bruce does have a hard time with that one.

Do you have a quote for this? It seems the song was dropped after the second show of the North American tour in 1987 and back in the day they used to play shorter sets in the States.

Sorry but no. It's something I heard or read about a long time ago (mid 90's) after Bruce left Maiden to pursue his solo career. The article also talked about how the original Tears of a Dragon was rejected from the SIT album and Bruce was generally unhappy at that time because all his song ideas were rejected by Steve. The actual quote didn't mention the song specifically disliked by Bruce but did mention the song was dropped in the middle of the tour and I originally thought Bruce hated the title track "Caught Somewhere in Time." However, upon reviewing setlists from the Somewhere in Time tour the only SIT song that was dropped (mid-tour) was Sea of Madness.

Back