The Official Book of Souls Tour 2017 Thread (Warning: Spoilers Within)

Where's "here" for you?
U.S. pre-fab "sheds" have security out the wazoo when it comes to the seated areas and the pit.
It's only on the big grassy areas in the back that freedom of movement is allowed.
I imagine Albuquerque would be the same.

The outdoor shows at what we call "sheds" are bolted-down seats in the main areas with a small pit up front, and a standing-room general admission "lawn" in the back. They all follow the same layout and are pretty cookie-cutter.
This is the one in Albuquerque... look at the little pit down front and you can see why I'm really excited about getting those tix.
isleta2.jpg

The outdoor shows at what we call "sheds" are bolted-down seats in the main areas with a small pit up front, and a standing-room general admission "lawn" in the back. They all follow the same layout and are pretty cookie-cutter.
This is the one in Albuquerque... look at the little pit down front and you can see why I'm really excited about getting those tix.
isleta2.jpg
My wife and I will will be driving up to Albuquerque from San Antonio June 26. This will be our fourth time doing this to see Maiden. The Albuquerque venue is fucking awesome.

These ticket prices astound me. I don't think I've ever paid more than £85 for a concert, and that was AC/DC last year. Even Roger Waters was only £60 for standing tickets in 2013, and that was the greatest show I've ever seen. Also, Alice Cooper's tour in the autumn here have tickets ranging from £40-50.

You Americans are being robbed.

Where's "here" for you?
U.S. pre-fab "sheds" have security out the wazoo when it comes to the seated areas and the pit.
It's only on the big grassy areas in the back that freedom of movement is allowed.
I imagine Albuquerque would be the same.

Europe.
The state of having labeled seats at metal show is just retarded.

I've moved closer to the front lots of times at shed shows. If the seats are empty security doesn't care. Only time security has been strict is at Dream Theater concerts.

I'm glad that two of the three times I'm seeing them this summer are going to be indoors. Not the biggest fan of summer concerts outside, way too hot and uncomfortable.

Also very similar to what cdm was saying previously, the pit/floor area where they're playing in St. Louis is also very small... maybe 25 feet from the stage to the first row of "seats". This is perhaps one of the biggest differences between the floor at an amphitheater and the floor in a hockey/sports arena (where it can be a couple hundred feet long).

So I am very excited to have been able to get one of those tickets. No matter what time I get to the amphitheater that day, I'll be guaranteed within 25 feet from the stage.

I Dallas, the entire floor looks like GA .. I guess it depends on the concert, sometimes they are seats, sometimes not

isleta2.jpg

That looks no fun.
This is why I am bummed Maiden isn't coming to Cleveland on this tour.
Here is the shed I love
Blossom Music Center

Nice big covered seating area. Sure, it can get warm in there in the summer, but there is still plenty of ventilation.

Inside is beautiful

And the sound is amazing in most areas.
This is where the Cleveland Orchestra plays in the summer, so you know the acoustics are great.

You can see how small the pit is down front.
And the best part is, since the floor is sloped, the stage is low. And the barricade between the crowd and the stage is only about 2 people wide. Just enough for the security to walk past each other.
Janick was literally swinging his guitar over our heads back in 08.

The only thing that sucks about the venue is there is only one road leading to it. So it takes forever to get in or out of it.

Kinda bummed about ticket prices this year. Maiden used to at least go a little easier than most. Tickets for the floor in Tampa were $20 per ticket higher than Ft Lauderdale last year. From $95 all in to $118.

Trust me, the prices aren't bad.
I paid more for nosebleed seats for Bon Jovi in Cleveland(wife's xmas present) than I did for pit in Toronto for Maiden.

Sure, I can find cheaper festivals most of the time. But that is because newer bands don't draw like the older ones do.
I can usually go see Papa Roach with 3 or 4 other bands for $35-45. And it's a great time.
But it doesn't compare to going to see the mighty Maiden.
I actually paid more for scalped tickets in 03 than I did for this tour ($70 tickets that I paid $105 for). And I was happy to pay that price for 3rd row.
So, paying what I did for pit this year was an easy decision. Especially when I couldn't see them last year.

Speaking of high ticket prices, the Moody Blues are coming here and prices are $74.50, $94.50, and $154.50 and those are before extra fees. And look at all the shows for Metallica's upcoming tour. Maiden's starting to look better and better.

Based on the 2016 setlist and the promo trailer I would like to see em keep Children of the Damned, substitute Rime of the Ancient Mariner for Red and Black (same length), take out Iron Maiden and sub Run to the Hills. And although I know it's not gonna happen sub Paschendale for Powerslave.

Interesting choices. Would always love to hear Rime again, but I doubt we ever will barring a possible final tour. Iron Maiden will never be dropped, and I think the band said they were done playing Run to the Hills after the Maiden England tour so the chances of that showing up are slim.

The songs I would like to see subbed most are Children of the Damned (for 22 Acacia Avenue or anything else from Piece of Mind) and Blood Brothers (for anything else post-Brave New World). Would love to hear Paschendale, but I don't know what the chances are of it returning after the band's poor reception of it in 2010.

Back