Sabaton

That's a pretty good setlist. They go for energy and try to keep that momentum going through the show.

I wouldn't mind most Last Stand songs, there's nothing in there that makes me cringe, except Bannockburn. And even Bannockburn has spent time stuck in my fucking head.

As long as they played Winged Hussars.

Support bands were just announced for next spring's N.A. tour: Leaves' Eyes and Battle Beast.

Meh. I don't really like either band (both vocalists are rather weak, IMO), but at least I'll have some melody to soothe my ears and something to look at while waiting for Sabaton.

It's incredibly stylised, and probably has a load of effects on top of that. I'm okay with it. Unless you go down the growling or symphonic route, the average female voice doesn't lend itself to metal. Incidentally, my neighbour shares this view.

Ya, it's a very insane style of singing for a female vocalist and sounds like it would be an acquired taste. I believe the Plasmatics were the first to have that style.

Manchester was great, the place was packed and lively which was incredible since they only toured just under a year ago (something Joakim made reference to). The only problem I had was the sound. I was seated, and the sound wasn't as loud as it was when I saw them in Birmingham last year.

Ghost Division was dissapointing particuarly in regards to the sound, it sounded better last year. The new tracks went down inredibly well and sounded amazing. Shiroyama was a stand out track for me, and I hope it becomes a set staple - I even really enjoyed Blood Of Bannockburn. Oh and the acoustic version of The Final Solution was worth the ticket price alone, what a great track that is. upload_2017-1-15_20-35-2.jpeg

Nice pic, Seventh Mariner, I take it you were up in the posh seats? :p

I was quite pleased with the setlist too. Sabaton's short song lengths really work live - they don't overstretch the audience's attention, and give the impression of an all-energy show start to finish. I was only slightly disappointed by the lack of Gott Mit Uns, but Resist and Bite and Night Witches went down a storm.

I'd like to see them do a full studio acoustic version of Final Solution. It's slightly out of place after all the laughing and joking (ouch at Joakim's Michael Jackson comment), but it's good to hear what they can do as musicians, away from the posturing and high energy stage performance.

I liked Sparta live just as much as I thought I would, and Winged Hussars worked well. Carolus Rex has gone up in my estimation. It benefited from the visuals on screen. Lion from the North is a song I like lots from the album, but without the full choral arrangement it loses something live. And I suspected they'd do Bannockburn. :D

Re the sound. I was standing at Manchester, towards the back at the left hand side, and the sound was okay, but competing with all the people chattering around the edges of the hall. Best thing about that venue, though, is the sloped floor, being a former cinema. It's pretty good for getting a decent view, even for us short people.

That is an amazing set list! I hope they keep it for the American tour...

I can't believe they played Union (Slopes of St. Benedict). Such a cool underrated song. There's a few stinkers in the set, but most of it is gold. I'm not sure if it's possible for Sabaton to disappoint!

Nitric Muscle the use of a bench press, keep your exercising in opposition to the immovable heavy weight for 20 to 30 seconds.For maximum hard running shoes, they do the incorrect manner of beginning once more with the rep and being caught at the lowest. the load is dropped towards the safety pins.
I think you'd perhaps be better discussing this in the Muscles & other Gym Chat thread, Muscle Jon...
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/musclesandothergymchat.22876/page-48#post-636255

That is an amazing set list! I hope they keep it for the American tour...

I can't believe they played Union (Slopes of St. Benedict). Such a cool underrated song. There's a few stinkers in the set, but most of it is gold. I'm not sure if it's possible for Sabaton to disappoint!

There was a change about two shows into the tour, but it looks like they've stuck with a preferred setlist since then. The rehearsal show in Falun was different again.

Back