Deep Purple

I take it you didn't like any of the latest albums then @Forostar when you say finally? I agree that this new song does seem to explore some new territories but both Now What?! and Rapture of the Deep were strong albums IMO

Happy to share the track-list of the "Time For Bedlam" EP with all Deep Purple fans.
The first single from "inFinite" will include:
1) the album version of 'Time For Bedlam'
2) 'Paradise Bar' a new song recorded during the studio sessions for the new album which will remain exclusive to the EP
3) an instrumental version of "Uncommon Man", originally on the album "NOW What?!"
4) from Ian Paice's private archive, the rehearsal of the new song "Hip Boots", recorded live from the rehearsal room short before Deep Purple entered the studio with Bob Ezrin to record the new album.

That sucks ... it really shows Maiden got pretty lucky having good management their entire career.

Yup. Do you guys know about Pink Floyd financial stories? They've been screwed multiple times throughout the 70s. Atom Heart Mother tour almost buried them, e.g. taking whole orchestra on tour costs. They remained barely alive with Meddle and when DSOTM+WYWH albums/tours stabilized the situation and started bringing profits in, a lot of it was drained on Animals tour. Apparently U.S. leg managers misreported attendances for 10-20% less, the band literally had to pay personal money to get to bottom of it - for private investigation including helicopters imaging the crowd at Oakland, etc. In these instances that I can think of from the top of my head, management was heavily involved.

That sucks ... it really shows Maiden got pretty lucky having good management their entire career.

Smallwood and Taylor were pretty new in the business when they started with Maiden. I think Maiden is the first major label band that Rod managed. Seems it was a synergy from the start, both the mgmt and the band were starting from a similar position and nobody looked down on eachother.

Cockney Rebel weren't exactly unheard of, although Rod admitted that was a bad experience that briefly put him off music management.

Yup. Do you guys know about Pink Floyd financial stories? They've been screwed multiple times throughout the 70s. Atom Heart Mother tour almost buried them, e.g. taking whole orchestra on tour costs. They remained barely alive with Meddle and when DSOTM+WYWH albums/tours stabilized the situation and started bringing profits in, a lot of it was drained on Animals tour. Apparently U.S. leg managers misreported attendances for 10-20% less, the band literally had to pay personal money to get to bottom of it - for private investigation including helicopters imaging the crowd at Oakland, etc. In these instances that I can think of from the top of my head, management was heavily involved.

Floyd never took the orchestra on the road. They would hire orchestras along the way that's why sometimes they had singers and sometimes not they just hired whatever they could find. I'm sure that was still really expensive but they technically never took the orchestra on the road.

Floyd never took the orchestra on the road. They would hire orchestras along the way that's why sometimes they had singers and sometimes not they just hired whatever they could find. I'm sure that was still really expensive but they technically never took the orchestra on the road.

They did for French part of the tour.

They announced some summer 2017 US dates with Alice Cooper and The Edgar Winter Band .. should be cool. Going to see them in August

Good Night, Freeyyaa! According to this website, it's an Anglicised form of purebred Gaelic Ó Giolláin, from a diminutive of giolla ‘lad’.

Burst+pipe+-+information+on+leak+detection+services+from+Leaks+Ireland

I don't beleive it. I was said Ian's last name comes from Welsh or even from baltic languages.

Gaelic and Welsh are both Insular Celtic languages. They're as close to each other as purebred Russian and purebred Ukrainian.

Infinite came in the mail today ... Just finishing up side B (got the Vinyl) .. I am enjoying it. So far, pretty on par with Now What!? quality wise

Back