Wintersun

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
WHAT IS "IT"

It's 2017 folks and it's going to be a great year! Time for some big Wintersun news? Yes it is!

When we said that "IT IS DONE", we did not mean TIME II, but we meant a NEW ALBUM for sure! TIME II won´t be the next Wintersun album, because of reasons you already know from past updates and interviews.

So what is IT? IT is a NEW ALBUM and it is 100% done! And no, that's not the name of the album. This album will be something new and different, but equally great or perhaps even better in some ways. Over 53 minutes of solid Wintersun material (with no intro tracks) and with a killer concept!

This album will be THE 3rd FULL LENGHT Wintersun album. We will release the name of it soon and other details like track list etc. We're gonna start putting the pieces of the puzzle together for you guys how it's going to be released and what will happen... It will be a whole new experience to enjoy a Wintersun album! It will all make sense to you very soon!

And this album is not the only thing we've done, not by a long shot! In fact your minds will be blown soon! That is a guarantee. So click the notifications ON in our Wintersun Page, if you don't want to miss out on the new Wintersun album! (Because of Facebook algorithm reach limit). THANKS GUYS!

- Wintersun

Also like our personal pages for some extra updates and fun:

www.facebook.com/jariwintersun
www.facebook.com/teemuwintersun
www.facebook.com/jukkawintersun
www.facebook.com/kaihahto96

:nana:

Annoying, confusing, vague and childish introduction to an album.

Time for?
Yes!
We did not mean... This won't be. What is it? It is done. Something new and different. Etc. Etc.

This updates tells you to have an update, remember our previous update? You want any information? You won't have it now, and probably not in our next update either.

Lots of words, nada content. Yey.

P.S. Check our personal pages to have more of this nonsense.

Yeah only music. Lots of talk. I respect your excitement but I find this manner of "updating" stupid.

Anyway, just an opinion on a band's communication. No worries.

WINTERSUN'S 3RD FULL LENGTH ALBUM TRACKLIST

Wintersun - The Forest Seasons

1. Awaken From The Dark Slumber (Spring) 14:40
Part I The Dark Slumber
Part II The Awakening

2. The Forest That Weeps (Summer) 12:18

3. Eternal Darkness (Autumn) 14:08
Part I Haunting Darkness
Part II The Call of the Dark Dream
Part III Beyond the Infinite Universe
Part IV Death

4. Loneliness (Winter) 12:54

Total running time: 53:20

Yes, you guessed it! This album is our version of Vivaldi's The Four Seasons, but it hasn´t got anything to do with Vivaldi musically or with classical music. It is 100% original and solid Wintersun material! It is something new and different. Let´s just say it has a bit more darker tone overall...
1f609.png

Next week you will know how we are releasing our new album so stay tuned for more details!

THERE WILL BE A WINTERSUN CROWDFUNDING, STARTING March 1st

During last autumn we had long and productive negotiations with our record label Nuclear Blast and we finalized it in November 2016. We came to a good solution, a win-win deal that will benefit everyone - Wintersun, Nuclear Blast and especially the fans! This means that we will do the crowdfunding and it will include our NEW album THE FOREST SEASONS!

The purpose of this crowdfunding is to build the WINTERSUN HEADQUARTERS studio. As some of you may know this has been in the plans for a long time. It is our long time goal and dream. Building the studio is absolutely essential in order to finish TIME II and produce our future albums as fast as possible and with the best production. All the money we raise will go directly to Wintersun 100%, which we will use for building the Wintersun Headquarters.

This will be the biggest crowdfunding you've ever seen in the metal scene! It will be a different kind of crowdfunding than usually. We are not going to offer dozens of different items from guitar picks to used socks for a thousand bucks. We're gonna cut all the crap and only going to offer one very valuable perk! That's right! It will be a massive Wintersun Crowdfunding Package called the FOREST PACKAGE and it will have lots of great Wintersun content including our new album THE FOREST SEASONS. You will be blown away!

The FOREST PACKAGE is huge and otherwise it would be very expensive, but we are going to offer it with a very affordable price in our crowdfunding. So you guys will get great value for your money and enjoy the new album like it should be experienced, with the absolutely BEST quality! The best thing is that all of the content is 100% done, so you don't have to wait for many months. It will be basically a pre-order for our new album.

This way you get the NEW Wintersun album the easiest way, with the best quality and with the best price and you'll help us get to the next level, so we can produce albums for YOU guys faster and with the best production! So this is a WIN-WIN for everyone!

The crowdfunding will take place on INDIEGOGO between March 1st - 31st. It will last only ONE MONTH, so you guys need to be prepared! Get those credit cards and PayPal accounts ready!

Thank you!

- Jari, Jukka, Kai, Teemu

p.s. Next Wednesday another big reveal!

Cool if you ask me. I hope it's actually affordable. I wanted to pre-order Time I when it was getting released in 2012 but Nuclear Blast shipping costed like 25 friggin' euros. Hope Jari won't charge that much.

Is that the cover? Looks more like a new age album than Metal. Too bad, Time I had a great cover.

16664930_10155002906872402_3366763342679245765_o.jpg

Ok, that image is amazing. Also, is it typical of bands these days to leak 1 thing at a time for like 2 months? Cause that's how long it feels like this stuff is going to go for. I just want to know release day.

Back