Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

That's what I remember as well. But there could be another one out there.

Steve was asked whether hearing The Iron Maidens play the song live made him want to play it live with Maiden and his answer was "No". This was part of a Metal Hammer interview done back during some Latin American dates on the Somewhere Back in Time tour if I remember correctly. :)

My point was clear: if Nicko, who wants to play it, can persuade Steve (the rhythm section), then I think it's possible. I think Steve wanting something & Bruce not can still lead to Maiden playing it.

It's not that vocally complicated.

When did he say he wasn't fond of it?

It is no secret that he is not too fond of Somewhere in Time and I know he has made fun of the lyrics in the past (to be fair, he has a point as they read like a GCSE factual history essay more than anything else).

Just saw the Steve Harris spotify playlist. Pretty cool, surprising amount of songs that never/rarely get played live. Honestly I thought Steve/the band just forgot about some of those.

Will be nice to see/hear some Maiden activity. It's been quiet for a little while, other than a video on FB, courtesy of Bruce's son, of Bruce shovelling blazing cardboard around in his back garden.

The orchestra sucks (attitude and rhythm). And it's exactly the kind of stuff that almost always sucks ass
(Berlin-Philharmonic-plays-Scorpions type).

"And it's exactly the kind of stuff that almost always sucks ass" is, and will always be, entirely subjective.

I liked it :)

Back