The Marvel Thread (Spoilers, and language!)

Best trailer ever? Yes. Yes it is.

I don't understand why Trump was elected in a country that has Kevin Feige in it.
Actually I do, it'd be a downgrade for a god to become president.

Finally watched Season Two of Daredevil and really enjoyed it, although I'm probably not alone in thinking the first 4 episodes were superior to the rest of the season. John Bernthal is absolutely phenomenal as Frank Castle and his storyline was easily the most interesting thing this season. Also, I love Karen. She's incredibly real and interesting, as is her new career in journalism. Talk about a woman who "lucks" into some jobs!

Elektra and the ninjas and the Black Sky...I could do without all of this. I'm glad to see Stick back and it's interesting that the world is getting bigger (it had to at some point now that Dr. Strange is on the table), but it just felt like I was watching Arrow or The Flash - needless drama because drama. The supernatural element seems out of place in Daredevil, even though it's the Marvel world.

Also, am I the only who thought Wilson Fisk didn't belong here? His episodes, though interesting and bizarre as always, felt out of place. I also don't understand the logic of someone who can literally get a mass murderer out of jail in one day, but in a later episode is sitting around bellowing, "When I get out of here!!!!!!!"....why can't you just leave?

"When I get out of here!!!!!!!"....why can't you just leave?
Fisk can't survive outside of a power system he can manipulate. Prison has that. His business had that. As a fugitive he would have none of that. Being without power isn't something he can handle.

Fisk can't survive outside of a power system he can manipulate. Prison has that. His business had that. As a fugitive he would have none of that. Being without power isn't something he can handle.

Yeah, I get that, but it seemed like he took over that prison in a matter of days...if he were free, no doubt he'd be back on top in no time.

I liked the whole season but first 4 episodes were the best, of course. Elektra/Black Sky storyline was cool; it's main problem was that the Punisher storyline was too good in comparison. I also enjoyed Fisk's appearance a lot. Three best scenes: Punisher/DD at the graveyard, Punisher's prison hallway fight and this one:

Fisk was fucking terrifying in that scene. Just for this scene alone D'Onofrio deserves awards.

I can't criticize a Fisk scene.
I liked it all, but I actually the back half a little more — maybe because of him.

July 2017 Spider-Man Homecoming
December 2018 Spider-Man animated film
July 2019 Spider-Man Homecoming sequel

1 a year...overkill?

This year schedule is Iron Fist in March, The Defenders in the summer, and the Punisher in late 2017. JJ has been renewed but no date has been set.

My guess is that since now there will be three shows a year, that in 2018 we will see the next seasons of JJ, DD, & LC

Last edited:
That's good, I'd rather see all of those shows than another season of JJ right now. The team up will be cool and I'm very excited for Punisher.

I just started Luke Cage, hopefully I like it more than JJ.

On Luke Cage: Some people don't seem to like this show, but I don't get it. So far I find it highly more enjoyable than Jessica Jones. The villains are interesting, Luke is interesting if a bit dim some times, and the fights are awesome. Just got to the midway point of the season and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Still nowhere near Daredevil levels of greatness, but it's fun and gritty.

Check in when you finish the season :)

Oy vey...yeah...

I've never seen a series take a quality nose dive so freaking quickly. Cottonmouth's death honestly ruined this show. They chose the weaker of the cousins to become the bigger villain, then introduced a second Cottonmouth-esque character but with exactly half as much interesting back story, actual menace, and acting ability. Every thing about Diamondback sucks. The shoehorned family tree sucks, his acting sucks, his stupid 1970's robo-suit sucks...blah. Same goes for killing Scarfe, who I found genuinely interesting. It definitely felt like two different seasons of the same show (and the second was not as good). Thank god the women still kick ass, as Claire and Misty were the only things that kept me engaged in the show. Mariah and her mental breakdown was lame, who cares about Domingo, and Shades (though cool) doesn't do anything. Meh.

I would rank the Marvel Netflix shows as such:

1. Daredevil
2. Luke Cage (first half)
3. Jessica Jones
4. Luke Cage (second half)

Hopefully Iron Fist is better.

Yeah, the 2nd half of Luke Cage is quite polarizing. I liked it tho. I kind of liked Diamondback. Sure he was weaker than Cottonmouth but his over-the-top-ness and overall cheesiness had some charm. Dude was a chaotic loose cannon unlike other, more calculated villains from Netflix MCU. He was obviously intentionally the way he is, as an homage to blaxploitation movies. I wish there was a way for the story to go where Cottonmouth survived...

"Do you know who Icarus is?" "Yeah, he had a verse with Kendrick." - Best joke in the show :D

I think the problem with Diamondback is that he turned the show from an homage to blaxploitation into straight up blaxploitation. The first half of the season felt like an homage, the second like a straight up copy (or parody).

Back