Iced Earth

OK never mind, didn't realize it was a cell phone recording. Will wait for an officially released version. :p

Maybe the Incorruptible person is going to be the only one who doesn't follow the Judas Goat. Oh god, this is going to be political, isn't it.

They opened with a new song called 'Great Heathen Army' last night. This is the rest of the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iced-earth/2016/electric-brixton-london-england-4bfbf38a.html

The sound was pretty shit so I can't say much about the new song, but it seemed pretty good. The performance was good even if Stu's vocals were a bit obscured by the drums. The setlist was kind of what I expected, a 'Best Of' - so the Play Classics! fans must have been happy. :D It was very odd for them not to end with 'Iced Earth' and they haven't been playing it at all on this tour. They've been closing the shows with 'Watching Over Me' on this tour which Stu would usually introduce by saying that it's about Jon's friend who died in a motorcycle accident, but last night Jon introduced it by saying the previous night they'd heard after finishing the show that a close friend of Stu's had lost his battle with cancer. Stu was understandably choked up during the song.

Is this the first tour they've played without Iced Earth in the setlist?

Looks like it. It's their most played song by far. I enjoy the music but vocal lines are awful no matter who sings them.

I'm really curious about why they dropped it. It's a short tune so it's not like it is eating up that much setlist time.

As if Schaffer looks fitter (thinner), more healthy. Interview starts @ 7th minute / ends @ 22th. Last half he gets political (was asked).

Back