Best songs with months in the title

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
Here's my list:

January - The January Sea by Avatarium. Only one I have with January in the title though.
February - February Stars by Foo Fighters. Again only one with February in the title.
March - The Ides Of March by Iron Maiden. Duh.
April - April Ethereal by Opeth.
May - Seven Days Of May by Testament. Think this is the only one I have that has May in it referencing the month.
June - I got nothing.
July - The 7th Day Of July 1777 by King Diamond.
August - I got nothing. Metalheads don't like using summer months in song titles it seems.
September - The Incurable Tragedy I (September 21, 2006) by Into Eternity. Only song with that month in the title that I have.
October - Forest Of October by Opeth.
November - November Rain by Guns 'N' Roses. Duh.
December - Last December by Iced Earth. DUH!

Anyone got better choices? :p

January: Vanden Plas - January Sun
April: Deep Purple - April
July
: Uriah Heep - July Morning; Gordon Lightfoot - Black Day in July
August: Jethro Tull - Stuck in the August Rain
November: Pavlov's Dog - Late November; Opeth - Dirge for November (I thought you guys were the Opeth fans!)

September - The Incurable Tragedy I (September 21, 2006) by Into Eternity. Only song with that month in the title that I have.

I don't know the song or band you listed, but as far as songs with September in the title, it'd be damn hard to top "September" by Earth, Wind, & Fire.

It ain't metal -- but then again, EWF's 1977 All 'N All album cover looked so similar to that of Powerslave that a lot of people think Riggs was inspired by it, so there's that.

Last edited:
April: April, Come She Will by Simon & Garfunkel
July: 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) by Springsteen and the E Street Band

Also, this one came to mind for January, though I'm somewhat unsure whether it's really "the best"...

Deep Purple "April"
Bruce Springsteen "4th of July"

In French:
Paris Combo "Avril"

Thomas Fersen "Juillet"

Francis Cabrel "Octobre"

Noir Désir "Septembre, en attendant"

Back