Blaze Bayley

If only the Newcastle date was a weekend I'd be there like a shot. Trillians is tiny! It's more like a bar which happens to have a small stage at one side.

Tickets bought for Ballymena gig, plus passage on the booze fuelled bus to get us there from Belfast. Thank fuck i saw this post, there were only 3 spaces left on the bus.

They could be downtuned a bit. I don't care as long as it helps Blaze to sound good.

Fair enough, although I still do not particularly like how he sings those songs. This tour has to be one of the most bizarre decisions he has ever made if he is trying to promote his solo career in the USA.

Fair enough, although I still do not particularly like how he sings those songs. This tour has to be one of the most bizarre decisions he has ever made if he is trying to promote his solo career in the USA.
It was actually Tate's idea since it's his band who is backing the singers. Blaze and Ripper did guest vocals on his new album so that's the reason for this.

This tour has to be one of the most bizarre decisions he has ever made if he is trying to promote his solo career in the USA.

To be fair, he's tried everything else to promote it, and it didn't work.

Blaze could have always said no, couldn't he?
Blaze has to make a living as well, and quite frankly, they are playing to a slightly larger audience than he usually does on his solo tours. I bet it's far more enjoyable.
I don't really see anything particularly wrong with this particular case.

I wish Steve and Maiden would've tuned down with Blaze, back in the day. This does sounds good.

Last edited:
I actually don't think this tour is a bad idea at all. The setlist is a bit disappointing, I thought every singer would get their own set, not share one set. I also have no interest in hearing Ripper Owens or Blaze sing Priest and Maiden songs sung by other singers. But the idea itself was good, it's a solid bill. If it came to Denver I would've been tempted to check it out.

Cabaret tour, I wouldn't go.
This? hardly.

This is a cabaret tour:

Queensryche072410_13.jpg

In the sense of performing original material, hardly.

In the sense of an abomination... well...

This tour screams "Bunch of has-beens in the worse cabaret tradition"
Blaze has to make a living as well, and quite frankly, they are playing to a slightly larger audience than he usually does on his solo tours. I bet it's far more enjoyable.
I don't really see anything particularly wrong with this particular case.

To be honest, tours like this makes DiAnno look good. At least he is only singing the songs he originally sang with the band.

Of course Blaze has to make a living; I just think tours like this do his solo career no good.

Back