The Post Your Own Music Thread

Just those last four notes - sounds very classical, then the short emphasis on the whammy bar on the final note. It reminds me of a Petrucci song ending on some of their big, major-key ballad songs. Not sure why, but it does.

Yeah, I bet there is influence on his side in there. Also, the quick semi-tone bend on 14 into the whammy'd 12 at the end is an absolutely fabulous phrasing technique I've learned from Petrucci and Sfogli. One of the best examples I've heard of it is in the video below @5:46, using a quick slide instead of a bend but the point is the same:

Nice work Saap!

Unrelated to this recent video but what do you use to program drums in your originals?

Nice work Saap!

Unrelated to this recent video but what do you use to program drums in your originals?

Thanks. I haven't programmed any drums in a while but in the past I've used Soundation and Audiosauna. I grew tired of spending hours creating tracks with free samples, though. I would like to make songs in a high-quality DAW but I have yet to buy one. That said, free websites such as the ones I named are a great starting point.

I actually have a DAW installed on my PC (Cubase Pro 8) but I have fuck all knowledge about it so I want to start simple.

Though I'm not sure if I'll ever get my bass sound to be above average so programming might not even come to the mix in the near future at all.

Have you looked into direct boxes for recording bass?

Here is where us so called musicians can post our own home or studio recordings, demos, bootlegs etc.

Here are 4 songs written by me and performed by German Artist Wolfgang Deimel.
They are huge departure from the typical pub rock songs I write:

Winter Comes

"Who lives in your nightmares, who chases you in your dreams?"
My first ever recorded song.

Where I Wanna Be

"There is a road ahead, it is calling out to me."
Yes, the gayass keyboard at the start is meant to be there.

Sea Song

"I'm lost in the fog but I'm free."
A little song about the sea.

Shortened Version Of

"Don't shake the box before you read"
A short piano piece.

The artist that performed and recorded these is mainly influenced by Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, Neil Young, Beatles and Floyd.

It's a small thing, but funny to me. The very first message in this vast thread is a lie.

Our friend Vortex didn't write the third song he lists. It is, in fact, the only poem of mine that I list on the link below *NOT* to have been stolen and presented on the internet as the work of someone else. Although now I discover that for the last 5 years *all* of the work I list there has in fact been plagiarized.

http://www.marklawrence.buzz/poem/sea-song/

It's true, I did just join the forum to say that. But I do like Iron Maiden too.

Cheers,
Mark

Vortex hasn't been online on the forum in 5 years, so your message probably isn't being received by those whom it may concern.

It's a small thing, but funny to me. The very first message in this vast thread is a lie.

Our friend Vortex didn't write the third song he lists. It is, in fact, the only poem of mine that I list on the link below *NOT* to have been stolen and presented on the internet as the work of someone else. Although now I discover that for the last 5 years *all* of the work I list there has in fact been plagiarized.

http://www.marklawrence.buzz/poem/sea-song/

It's true, I did just join the forum to say that. But I do like Iron Maiden too.

Cheers,
Mark

Maybe theft is know the sincerest form of flattery.
Sounds like you should be finding some musicians to collaborate with.

Back