IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Satisfied?

• Total voters
Personally I love The X Factor but can find no justification for putting No Prayer, Fear or VXI above anything featuring both Adrian and Bruce.

I dont find it strange that albums with those two, as you put it, 'overshadow' the rest; they feature on the majority of material and the vast majority of well known and appreciated big hits/classics/epics.

Is everything they are on perfect? No (see SiT).
Are they part of the best and most popular line ups/phases of Maidens career? Yes.

However, Id still take Blaze over 90s Bruce, all day long.

Am i satisfied? With the result, yes, wouldnt really argue with the top 4.
However I got kinda bored in the middle cos I kept voting for SiT and losing. It took a while before some people woke up and smelt the coffee.....

I dont find it strange that albums with those two, as you put it, 'overshadow' the rest; they feature on the majority of material and the vast majority of well known and appreciated big hits/classics/epics.
So the forum is more heading towards well known hits and classics these days? At least more compared to a while ago? Are "we" bleating with the herd more and more? Sheep with deviating course will be present less and less? Great development. Great.

I don''t know...the results look pretty much exactly like the results of the last survivor when you look at the bigger picture. Killers moved up a few spots. Powerslave moved up from just being top 3 to being the #1 album...A Matter of Life And Death had a pretty big leap into the top 3.

Overall I'm just tired of the labeling that we do all the time here...classics, progressive, epics, new, old....Can't we just judge a Maiden track on wether or not we think it rocks or not? Using the labels seems to be a way to downgrade each others opinions all the time. Yeah so it's a classic? Who cares, the song fucking rocks.

Let's not dwell into elitism here. Everybody is entitled.

Foro, I personally dont base my opinion around anyone else or whether i want to be in a particular 'camp,' ie. Classics or Anti-Classics. And i agree with Sixes that these kind of labels are an irritant. I was just illustrating the point that Bruce and Adrian stuff has the majority of the best and most appreciated tunes so is obvioisly gonna fair well. And surely given SiT won twice in a row then it is going against this herd you speak of to see it drop so much?

Its kinda like travel. Many people want to be seen as 'travellers' as opposed to 'tourists' so maybe they shun the major attractions. Well people flock to major attractions for a reason; they're fuckin good. But theres also many a good thing on the road less travelled. To round off my musings I shall paraphrase our esteemed collegue, Sixes; if it rocks, it rocks.

These Days AMOLAD, Final Frontier and Book of Souls get the most listens.
Does that make them my current top three?

I was just illustrating the point that Bruce and Adrian stuff has the majority of the best and most appreciated tunes so is obvioisly gonna fair well.
You might have misunderstood me.

First of all, I'm not just talking about individual appreciation. The outcome of this game is a collective effort. The collective result led me to these musings.

I'm addressing the fact that the non-Bruce/Adrian stuff is fairing worse compared to the last time we did this game. It's not just that the Bruce and Adrian stuff fares well. It has an impact. It fares so "well", that it looks like a larger group of members out here are so focused on that stuff, that they appreciate the rest less and less. So, I'm not just talking about "something" "happening" like you do. I see an evolving pattern, as if this forum is going back in time: less and less appreciation for the non-Bruce/Adrian material. For a while, I thought there was a more positive development for "2nd" rate Maiden. It seemed logical: at some point people could get more used to their non-ideal Maiden, at some point people could appreciate material out of Bruce/Adrian context. But alas, we're going downhill again.
But theres also many a good thing on the road less travelled.
Exactly. Get off that eternal Bruce/Adrian road. It's getting too crowded there.

For some reason I really started to appreciate Virtual XI over the past year, but I still cannot stand X Factor.

My favorite albums are the ones with Bruce and Adrian. They're not always the reason those albums are great, SIT for example works in spite of Bruce and I thought Adrian's presence on TBOS was a bit less than usual.

Bruce and Adrian are my favorite songwriters in the band. Thus, I like the albums with them because I prefer their songs. My preferences have nothing to do with trains, bandwagons, or sheep.

sheep-meme-baby-dont-heard-me.jpg

I'm glad personally that Somewhere In Time was knocked off the throne ('bout time! good job Maidenfans) it's been sitting there for two years...Powerslave is a worthy winner. It has all of the qualities I look for in Maiden :)

Can't be dissatisfied by the number one either! tWas my number one for years and it has the biggest amount of songs from my top 10: Rime, Powerslave and The Duellists.

Last edited:
Back