2017 Tour Announcement on Friday!

If that's it for Europe, a U.S. Shed tour for June and July seems about right. Plenty of time to spend the rest of the year making an album.

I'm hoping they record an album this winter, tour the States in February so we can see them indoors again, and then record another album in June when they're done in Europe so they can come back here next autumn and tour on both new albums.

FINGERS CROSSED

:D

In all seriousness I hope they do get back in the studio soon, and I hope I get to see them inside again this year. The last two summer shed Maiden shows I saw had atrocious sound.

I'm hoping they record an album this winter, tour the States in February so we can see them indoors again, and then record another album in June when they're done in Europe so they can come back here next autumn and tour on both new albums.

FINGERS CROSSED

:D

It's not inconceivable. The rumourmonger who originally told me about the UK tour (okay, the dates were wrong) reckoned there was material left over from TBOS and a possibility of returning to the studio sooner rather than later. That fed into speculation about there being other 'chapters' to the Book of Souls.

Was thinking of going to London for the gig. But now, with the new ticket policy and exams in June I dont know.

I wasn't expecting anymore European shows. Didn't Bruce specifically say that they would be touring Germany and the UK at Download? I'm a bit surprised even that a Belgian show crept in there....

Also, cool 2017 tour artwork. Eddie looks the same but better....

poster_nodates_1000.jpg

It's not inconceivable. The rumourmonger who originally told me about the UK tour (okay, the dates were wrong) reckoned there was material left over from TBOS and a possibility of returning to the studio sooner rather than later. That fed into speculation about there being other 'chapters' to the Book of Souls.
That certainly makes sense to me- Bruce, Nicko and Steve have all mentioned how they just wanted to keep recording and make another album at the end of the TBOS sessions.

TBOS Chapter II would be a marketing/touring dream as well- get a boost from the hype of TBOS, and keep touring for another two years with (mostly) the same stage show!

That certainly makes sense to me- Bruce, Nicko and Steve have all mentioned how they just wanted to keep recording and make another album at the end of the TBOS sessions.

TBOS Chapter II would be a marketing/touring dream as well- get a boost from the hype of TBOS, and keep touring for another two years with (mostly) the same stage show!

Except that three legs of the 2016 tour have already been referred to as 'chapters', according to some of the picks caught by fans. I don't know. It's a fantastic prospect, but I'd want to see it before I believed it.

Except that three legs of the 2016 tour have already been referred to as 'chapters', according to some of the picks caught by fans. I don't know. It's a fantastic prospect, but I'd want to see it before I believed it.
Eh, I could see them calling the second album Chapter II. The picks are one thing, but as they haven't been referring publicly to the legs as "chapters" I don't think it would be a problem.

In bold it says no other European cities will be added for this tour.
North America is probably still in.

Oh yes that's beautiful for all of you European brothers and sisters! Congrats! As stated, this surely leaves June and July for outdoor tour in NA.
Which is precisely what I want!! What a beautiful morning!! I wonder when such an announcement will be....?... Hmmmm. Any one have a speculation on this?...

It'll be interesting to see how much of the setlist gets tweaked. Replacing a classic with another one wouldn't be surprising, but subbing a new song for another definitely would. I can't recall if Maiden ever debuted a song after the initial leg of a tour.

A mini-tour where "Empire of the Clouds" gets played would likely be the only way we'd get it.

And who knows? Maybe we'll get an EP with some new songs if it's true that other songs were recorded. In that case, some of those songs would definitely get played.

I would love to see them swap out some TBOS songs. If they really consider this one of their best albums, surely they could pick any song from it and it'll go down well live.

I don't think additional material was recorded, there was room to put it on the album if that was the case. Probably more that they had ideas that weren't fully developed in time to be included.

Ah, I thought I heard some other material might've been out there.

Is a U.S. tour a definite for next year? I know Bruce mentioned in Chicago last year that they would be back very soon, but it was pretty ambiguous. I haven't heard any specific rumors of a timeline.

Back