BRUCE DICKINSON SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> Darkside Of Aquarius wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
SURVIVOR_RULES_021.jpg

Welcome to the 2016 edition of Bruce Dickinson Survivor!

The first round contains the album Tattooed Millionaire and all its original bonus songs.
Balls To Picasso will probably join in Round 2; I didn't want to overcrowd the first round with too many songs.
Rules are in the picture above as usual, but in case you didn't notice:
5 songs are promoted from each album.

Enjoy!

Yay!! It's back!

Young Dudes
Lickin the Gun
Zulu
No Lies
Mutt
Darkness

Prediction: Darkside of Aquarius wins it all again, Omega comes in second, Book of Thel comes in third, and Tears of a Dragon gets fourth.
I want a 100 brownie points if I get that right.

I'm rooting for Trumpets Of Jericho. How well did that do last year?

If I remember correctly, not well. But I'm with you on that. Best song TCW for sure!

I might put it behind the title track and Book Of Thel, but it's a lot like Hell Patrol to me, in the fact it needs a lot more love regardless.

I'm very fond of this album. For a long time, this and Balls were the only Bruce albums I had heard so I had a lot of time to listen to and appreciate them. My early experience with Metal was also primarily late 80s glam stuff and this sort of thing Bruce was doing here wasn't too far off. My tastes have changed since then, but there are some glam metal albums that I can still enjoy and I think Bruce did that sound a lot better than most of the true glam metal acts. Underneath the glossy production and big choruses, there's a real knack for songwriting and some good playing from everyone. Some of the songs on here are really high quality, but there's also some filler.
Obviously Bruce would go on to do bigger and better things, but I'd say this album is at least still better than Skunkworks. It's definitely not bad, just not one to come back to often and overshadowed by far better albums.

Another thing about this album is that Bruce really wears his influences on his sleeve. There's an AC/DC styled song, an Aerosmith styled song, a Mott the Hoople cover.
Bruce's new vocal style also fits the material reasonably well.

Voting for:
Hell On Wheels
Lickin' The Gun
Zulu
No Lies
Bring Your Daughter
Ballad of Mutt
Darkness Be My Friend

'tis not a very good album this.
I love:
Son of a gun
No lies
Gypsie road

Tattooed Millionaire
born in '58

hate the rest.

I don't really count the b-side stuff
They aren't particularly noteworthy. Bring your daughter is really a Maiden song. Maiden stole it first!

1. Gypsy Road
  2. Dive! Dive! Dive!
  3. All The Young Dudes
  4. Lickin' The Gun
  5. Zulu Lulu
  6. Ballad Of Mutt
  7. Winds Of Change

This album is terrible. It gets a 2.5/10 from me, the lowest of any Maiden-related album. I really, really dislike everything about it, but mostly the inane lyrics and semi-improvisational sound of the vocal melodies. Sorry Brucie, this experiment didn't work.

Voting for tracks 4-10 on the album. I'd give Ballad of Mutt a vote too if I could, but the oddity of hearing Bruce do an acoustic blues song makes it interesting enough to keep around for now. Same goes for the oddity of hearing him do a Simon & Garfunkel thing on Darkness Be My Friend.

Son of a Gun was the only song I like from this album. I also like it better than every song off of No Prayer, which was a big deal back then.

How do you like this?

*the lowest of any Maiden-related album that I will actually listen to* :)

It's definitely below average. Everything here is definitely better than half of Virtual XI.

The only song on Virtual XI as bad as these tracks is The Angel and the Gambler. Granted, it's the length of 3-4 of these put together, but it's still only one song. Also, Virtual XI has The Clansman, which is better than this entire album. Best song here is Son of a Gun and even that only gets a 7/10 from me.

Back