What guitar do you play?

Must be a guitar with great stuning stability then. I rarely unlock my nuts to tune but the finetuners see frequent use.

I change the strings every month and still feel like I should do it twice as often. How do you guys last years without changing them? They just don't sound lively and go out of tune rather fast.

That's completely down to your body perspiration. I have little to no handsweat and it's not acidic so my strings last forever. I have a few guitars that I alternate between, but it's month to years we're talking about here.

I disagree. I wipe my strings with a clean cloth after every play session. Also, a quote from my Jackson's handbook: "Thou shalt change thine strings at least once per 20 hours of playing" In my case, that would be about once in 2 weeks but I tend to do it once a month. I mean, the strings won't sound horrible for just noodling around by any means, but if you want to record stuff, that's another story.

Treated myself for my 40th. Custom shop Gibson Les Paul Goldtop VOS '57 re-issue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 8
This just in :) :
386837IMG20160427184740.jpg

It is a The Heritage H150 Goldtop 1997, with SP Custom kit instead of the original Scharrer pickups.
(for those who might not know, The Heritage is a brand made by former Gibson employees in the original Kalamazoo factory, using the same material as much as possible. Gibson moved out from there in 1988. The headstock, as you can see, is different but the good thing is that you don't pay for the name but still get the same quality)

Last edited:
I'll have to update my list when I get back. I've really added to my collection in the last year or so.

I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser in see through black cherry which is in standard tuning that I use most of the time. That's my baby from my band days and my pride & Joy, locked away when not in use.

Then I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112 that I abuse day to day for alternate tunings. It's currently half a step down. Actually a very good guitar for the money (I paid £74 on amazon black friday one year!)

I have a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser in see through black cherry which is in standard tuning that I use most of the time.
Me too!!! I love Schecters. they make really great guitars! In fact I own 3 of them. Here's my list..

This is my main six string in red cherry. I use this one for alternate tunings. Mostly D.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/hellraiser-c-1-detail
upload_2016-7-14_9-47-39.png

This is my 7 string in black. I mainly play it in Drop A
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/omen-extreme-7-detail
upload_2016-7-14_9-49-2.png

This is my 6 string guitar with a floyd rose. I use this one for Drop D only. It's tone in that is just glorious. The only bad thing is that the matte is rubbing off because I've been palm muting so hard. I regret buying it in this color because now I have to many black guitars. I should have got silver or white.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/stealth-c-1-fr-detail
upload_2016-7-14_9-49-38.png

My next guitar was also my first. It's a black s101 Les Paul knockoff, except it sounds really good! Probably the crunchiest tone I've ever heard a guitar make, and yet has a Dave Murrayish legato tone too. I need to find out what kind of pick ups this thing uses. The only flaw about this guitar is that the 3rd fret of my first string does not work. It just rings. I used to keep it at school for pep/jazz band, but now that I'm done with all that I play it regularly. I have it in Drop Bb and it still sounds very good. IMO, possibly the best 100$ I've spent..
upload_2016-7-14_9-30-35.png

One of my newest acquisitions was my graduation present. A Taylor acoustic guitar. I'm not sure on the exact model. I'd look but I'm way too lazy to take it out of the case. Here's what it looks like though. I was told that it was very very expensive.
upload_2016-7-14_9-35-50.png

My most recent purchase was down in Hawaii. I bought a Ukelele from a Ukelele shop. There's no model on it, but it appears to be from Maui Ukelele Co. I can't find a picture of it and since it is very hard to upload pictures with my phone.. We will go with out one. I will say though that the wood is a very bright color an has a lot of cool streaks going through it. It looks very unique which is the exact reason I bought it. It's also very fun to play Maiden songs on it. :D

My last one was something I bought for the band. A 6 string Ibanez bass. I don't know much about basses but it works and sounds alright.
upload_2016-7-14_9-47-10.png

For my next guitar I plan to buy this.
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/c-1-custom-trans-midnight-blue-detail
or this
http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/c-7-classic-detail

I really want a blue guitar and I'm leaning towards the 7-string. I just need a job first...

I also had that Adrian Smith Jackson SDX. That was awful. Don't buy one, not worth it. Though Saap will probably disagree with me. If you must have one that bad, get the expensive one. I sold it and got the Schecter Stealth, which was a significant upgrade over that thing.

Back