Kamelot

Fabio was good, but I don't think he fits the band's current style. If they went back to the style of their first 4-5 albums, like Queensryche has done, he'd be perfect.

I'm a huge Seventh Wonder fan and, having seen nu-Kamelot live and heard recordings of his performances with SW, I think Tommy is actually a much better fit for Kamelot.

Realistically speaking, Tommy is a better fit, looks similar to Khan (I know girls loved Khan, so this is important :p) and is a better singer than Khan. But generally I prefer Fabio, I wish I had the chance to see him live with Kamelot.

Most likely the new album cover and title:

kSOQw3T.jpg

Not sure how I feel. It seems a little too gothic, but I'll have to wait and see. I'm always interested in anything Kamelot or Tommy-related.

I love Kamelot, they are amazing! Can't wait to see them on Tuesday night! Not too fond of Dragonforce opening, not a fan of them, but oh well, they won't be on too long, hopefully...

This will be my 4th time seeing Kamelot- First with Fabio in 2011(luckily that show was still on, it was the day after Hurricane Irene hit the Northeast part of the U.S. and I was worried the show was gonna get cancelled, which would have sucked, since their previous tour in 2010 got cancelled too), then I saw them open for Nightwish in 2012, and on the Silverthorn tour in 2013.. Tommy could not be a better replacement for Roy.. Fabio is good but eh, he's kinda too James LaBrie-ish sounding, Tommy sounds a lot more like Roy

Great show last night, Kamelot can do no wrong! I got the Haven flag and a signed poster.. Dragonforce, eh, didnt really watch em but they sounded ok I guess, I' m just not a fan

I'm usually not the best with remembering setlists but here's the Kamelot songs I remember:

"Center of the Universe"
"The Great Pandemonium"
"Insomnia"
"Song for Jolie"

aand of course they played more than that but I just can't remember the setlist too well..

As much as I enjoy Kamelot live, there are so many great songs from them that they never play live, so many good ones from The Fourth Legacy I'd love to hear- "Shadow of Uther", "Nights of Arabia", "Until Kingdom Come", etc

I've only seen Kamelot twice, once in 2008 on Khan's last tour where he sounded like absolute garbage and once when they opened for Nightwish in 2012. If this setlist stays the same, the only songs I'll be hearing live for the first time are the news ones/Silverthorn.

This would be my dream Kamelot setlist:

"The Fourth Legacy"
"Until Kingdom Come"
"Black Tower"
"Wander"
"The Black Halo"
"Moonlight"
"The Edge of Paradise"
"Shadow of Uther"
"Nights of Arabia"
"The Haunting"
"Birth of A Hero"

This would be my dream Kamelot setlist:

"Black Tower"
"Birth of A Hero"

I don't even recognize those songs...

I would go with:

Sacrimony (Angel of Afterlife)
The Black Halo
Ghost Opera
Soul Society
Veritas
The Fourth Legacy
A Sailorman's Hymn
The Spell
Forever
Center of the Universe
Falling Like the Fahrenheit
Eden Echo
Lost and Damned
The Haunting (Somewhere in Time)
Lunar Sanctum
Farewell
---
March of Mephisto
Randomly came across this:

Pretty cool that there is a metal band using a Grieg piece other than "In the Hall of the Mountain King" :)

I wanted to ask - I have "discovered" Kamelot through Tommy and I'll probably try out Haven very soon, but I don't necessarily have to start out with "his" album (let alone the fact I wasn't all that crazy about the song with Alissa White-Gluz, though I like her otherwise), so I wanted to ask - where to start?

I have heard that any of the Legacy-Karma-Epica-Halo sequence is amazing, but I'm willing to try anything - I just want to know what album to buy so I would be completely blown away :D

I wanted to ask - I have "discovered" Kamelot through Tommy and I'll probably try out Haven very soon, but I don't necessarily have to start out with "his" album (let alone the fact I wasn't all that crazy about the song with Alissa White-Gluz, though I like her otherwise), so I wanted to ask - where to start?

I have heard that any of the Legacy-Karma-Epica-Halo sequence is amazing, but I'm willing to try anything - I just want to know what album to buy so I would be completely blown away :D

If you like Tommy, I'd recommend listening to Haven (and Silverthorn if you haven't already). It will give you an appreciation for modern Kamelot before you delve into the back catalog. However, Alissa is on 2-3 tracks on Haven.

As for the Khan stuff, The Black Halo is amazing and probably their all around best album and more in line with the current Kamelot sound. If you want to be blown away, go with that.

If you love Black Halo then go back to Fourth Legacy and work your way forward. Legacy, Karma, and Epica are much more straightforward power metal and lack a lot of the gothic atmosphere of the later albums. That's either a good or bad thing depending on your tastes. Unless you're completely in love with the band it's fine to skip Poetry for the Poisoned and move straight on to the Tommy stuff.

I like The Fourth Legacy the most.

Also, do not forget Conception, a progressive power metal band from Norway with Khan, before he went to Kamelot. Very good stuff. A 1993 gig:

Too bad this band broke up after Khan left them. Here their 4 albums:
1st (1991):
2nd (1993):
3rd (1995):
4th (1997):

Last edited:
Thank you. I will try out Halo and Haven first then and then follow it with Legacy and Silverthorn.

I was afraid a little of the “gothicisms” of the latter era, but I guess there’s no reason. I really hope I'm going to like this goth.

BTW, I have no problem with Alissa, I liked her both in AE and Agonist, it was just that I didn’t like that song with her all that much (I think it was Liar Liar) and the video was a bit too over the top so over the top it was actually hilarious.

Funnily enough, I already have some Conception albums on my computer (since it was supposed to be prog and whatnot) and I think I even already played the Multitude album and liked it, which makes me a rarity as far as current listeners go for listening to Conception before even considering listening to Kamelot :D

I've decided to start with Haven, as I have to assemble a bookcase (5 bookcases, in fact, but I definitely won't be doing them all today) and I thought Haven will need a less attentive listening the first time around... and I like it. It's not that much goth-influenced and while I have problems picking out any favourites so far (I'm currently at Revolution), I enjoyed pretty much every track, IIRC, even Liar Liar (it's much better without that video). The songs on the album are also much more distinctive than, say, Epica's (where it usually takes more listens to even realise it's not just one song). Not to say they will be my #1 band, but I like 'em.

Tomorrow I'll listen to this one again and try Halo as well.

EDIT: Ah, f*ck it. I'm going to listen to this one right away. :D

Last edited:
Back