Empire of the Clouds vinyl single for Record Store Day

33 euro out here (jn one shop at least). But it sure looks interesting to get!

Last edited:
Empire of the Clouds Cover Unveiled: http://www.brucefans.net/empire-of-the-clouds-cover-unveiled/

9LSTrd0.jpg

I did wonder how they'd handle this, given that the song is meant to be sincere, so Eddie smashing the airship wouldn't sit right. And a Maiden record cover without Eddie doesn't feel right. Eddie trying in vain to catch the airship works a lot better. :)

That is pretty cool ... Still almost wish they did one for Tears of a Clown .. the artwork for that is pretty damn cool.

Sweet art. I'm already mentally preparing to not find this (there are no decent record stores in my area that I'm aware of that will stock this), that way if I do it'll be a nice bonus!

They might go for Tears later, the arts already there, more accessible formats, try to get a chart hit in support of the Fabled Second Leg. I know its been a long tie since they did 3 singles but Empire doesn't really count. Unless they do a radio edit (not happenin)

Tomorrow is the day, found 3 stores that will have it that are close to one another .. I'll be up early tomorrow to go snag it.

I'll be going tomorrow to pick this up as well. I love Record Store Day.

I do too, it is fun to hang out with people and talking about music, I always enjoyed going to record stores in the pre-internet days in part to talk to random people about how great/bad an album/show was. Especially on a release day with a bunch of fans of the same band. Fuck, I am old

Until you went home and listened to the album right? :p

i just picked mine up today, it rather anoying as the cover has a whole for the picture disc so the eddie on the cover is the disc but it sounds so good

That's how I read it. RSD picture discs typically don't have any cover so it makes sense.

Yea, it is the disc showing through a hole in the cover, which is pretty much what I expected when I saw the pic of the cover. In any case, I hacked my way through hordes of hipsters and snagged it along with a few Cheap Trick albums. They had 12 of the Maiden ones, I looked on eBay and they are selling for $75 .. I paid $21.99 ...

Back