'Space Station No. 5'

A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Space Station No. 5' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

Cultural reference coming up . . . . I think the horse race at the end that Bruce commentates on is a reference to the Derek & Clive track "Horse Racing"; the words are different but it has the same feel, so I imagine it's a conscious imitation.  :smartarse:

4/10

Space Station No. 5 is another Montrose cover, but Bruce does not take it seriously at all and proceeds to talk through the last verse and solo. It’s backhanded by a six-minute joke with Bruce once again impersonating manager Rod Smallwood while Janick plays some chords. It’s funny for about one minute.

but Bruce does not take it seriously at all
That's the point.
It’s backhanded by a six-minute joke with Bruce once again impersonating manager Rod Smallwood while Janick plays some chords. It’s funny for about one minute.
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Do you homework Knick. :) That's another song (a hidden track). Bayswater Ain't a Bad Place to Be. For the record: it is also not serious, and it's 8 minutes. ;) Hope it didn't affect your vote too much (you can always change it, I guess).

Oh, yes I know that. I actually gave Space Station a 5/10 and Bayswater a 3/10, but there was no thread for the latter (and I didn't feel like making one) so I averaged them both to a 4/10.

No, Nicko! Not behind that bush! The bloody Queen plays golf - well if she fucking played golf she'd fuckin' play it here, wouldn't she!

I quite enjoy Space Station No.5, but feel it is ruined at the end by Bruce, I'd love a version of it without his horse race ramblings.

Back