Your Maiden blasphemy

I confess I haven't listened to TBOS once in the last four weeks or so. And I liked it. I still do. But... It definitely isn't the masterpiece to end all masterpieces, just a pleasant post-reunion album, that is IMHO in the better half of their discography. And I just don't feel the urge to return that often, discovering new bands instead.

Personally I think you're all crazy, the album is brilliant and still has a lot to digest, and I still listen to it whenever I have the time to spare.

Yeah, I haven't listened to it for a couple of weeks either. It has had the lowest replay value of any Iron Maiden album ever for me. Strange that it's the longest one ever yet it seems to be lacking in many interestingly worked ideas for the most part :(

The Book of Souls disc 1 is one the best Iron Maiden albums ever. The Book of Souls disc 2 sounds like rejected songs from the first album. Including what may go down as the greatest epic Maiden will never play live.

I've had a ridiculous man crush on Adrian Smith since 1990.

Maybe more a confession than an unpopular opinion but I don't see that thread on Maidenfans ;)

Given the level of Adrian Smith admiration that goes on, I wonder if this is quite a popular opinion.

Back