• En Vivo!

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Maiden England '88

Votes: 9 8.8%

• Total voters

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
A couple more live albums have been released since TFF, so let's see how it turns out this time. I'm also including Maiden Japan this time just for fun.

I'm still voting Live After Death, but I love Hammersmith and Flight 666 too.

It's more about the songs and the stage show than the actual performances for me, the Powerslave era Eddie is my favourite and after the original Maiden England VHS, LAD was the second Maiden live concert vid I bought, so it holds nostalgic value.
Of course, this is only my opinion

It's more about the songs and the stage show than the actual performances for me, the Powerslave era Eddie is my favourite and after the original Maiden England VHS, LAD was the second Maiden live concert vid I bought, so it holds nostalgic value.
Of course, this is only my opinion

I very much agree about the stage show and the Eddie, but I just can't look past the vocals. I'll say that the video leaves me with a far better impression than the CD because of the production.

Rock in Rio no question. It's got the best setlist, best performance from every band member, and the best audience on a live album.

Beast Over Hammersmith gets my vote. Love that setlist! I love most of them though. Maiden England would've received my vote if they would have transferred the whole concert onto CD without cutting out a lot of Bruce's speech in between songs. That and the CD is compressed way too much. Louder than any other album and it blows my eardrums when I have my ipod on shuffle at the gym.

Going for RiR again. There are other setlists I like, but performance here is amazing.

Pure content wise, it's Rock in Rio. It was the album that made me understand how important Iron Maiden is to us fans.

Beast over Hammersmith and Live after death is really awesome to

Voting RiR again. My first Maiden live album. The best Maiden live album. Will be hard getting me to change my mind on this...

RIR again....
It has the best of everything in it plus there was the whole positive vibe going from the reunion.

RIR again....
It has the best of everything in it plus there was the whole positive vibe going from the reunion.
I dont know how many Rush fans are here but its interesting how they both came out with similarly amazing releases that captured a ton of energy and announced their respective, triumphant returns.

I really like the setlist, it's very refreshing to have a lot of post reunion stuff in that kind of atmosphere!
Superb sound and performance, it's just out of the scale for me.

That sole vote for Death On The Road up there is mine. The Death songs sound better here than in the studio. Paschendale is an absolute joy. And that Dortmund crowd.... what a great clan of metal brothers, singing along at every opportunity, and loudly. Love it.

Back