GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
Guys, I will have to delay the Cheesevivör indefinitely. I got a sudden increase in workload and have no time to host this now. I'm sorry.

Maybe the cheese will mature in the meantime?
37295_mouldy-cheese.jpg

I'm going to start taking nominations in the week ahead for the Best Music Video survivor. Rock and metal only. Will start a thread shortly.

I've had this idea for a while now, thought it can be interesting:

Few people (at least 6) apply and we pick a band. Then I host a Survivor of it. However, the band in question has to be a band not one of the voters is familiar with or actively listens to. Preferably a band you've always wanted to check out but didn't. I'd be interested to see if the Top 10 would be something outrageous to a normal fan or if we'd recognize that band's "classics". My suggestion would be Porcupine Tree. I only heard one of their albums and have no idea what their classics are.

P.S. Everyone would be able to vote in the Survivor, but I want a core of non-fans :)
P.S.S. I'd host this in October / November after TBOS madness dissipates :)

Me too! I love survivors of bands I don't actively listen to. PT would be a good one too, I've only heard a couple albums.

I'd like to participate in a PT survivor, but I know most of the albums by heart, so that misses the point of what NP wanted to do. ;)

I'd be in. I really like the two PT albums I own, but I've never heard anything else by them.
I would love to host a similar Survivor for Blue Oyster Cult if there was interest.

I've never heard a PT song, I've heard they're like DT though. So I'd play.
They're not like DT at all honestly. They're not a metal band, not extremely technical, but more of a Pink Floyd/Radiohead style Progressive rock band. A lot of pop accessibility with more experimental stuff, that sort of thing.

Back