Mafia Game #2 - AWOOOOOOOOO

Cornfed Hick's lynching

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unknown One

I see the ghost of navigators.
GAME RULES
Some of the rules have been tweaked from the first game, so read them to make sure you understand them all. The roles themselves are the same, just with different names for a different setting.
  • No editing of posts under any circumstances.
  • If you do anything to break the the rules or spirit of the game (eg. giving away information when you are dead, threatening / bribing other players / revealing private information), you will be instantly game banned and probably banned from future games, so don't do it.
  • The Town win when they kill all of the Mafia members. The Mafia win as soon as their numbers are equal or better than the number of remaining town members at the start of a day phase.
  • During the day is when players can discuss in the game thread who they think the mafia are and when the nominations and lynchings can occur. Day phases have 2 sections to them. The nomination phase and the voting phase.
  • Nomination Phase (3 days during each day phase) - In order for someone to have a lynch vote against them, a third of the players or more must have nominated that person. If you wish to place a nomination, bold it like so. You may change your nomination at any time by posting that you wish to change your nomination from Player X to Player Y (bolded of course).
  • Voting Phase (1 day each) - If someone is nominated and sufficiently seconded then they will have approximately 1 day to post any statements they wish and people will vote in a poll on whether they think the person is guilty or innocent. The player up to be lynched cannot vote in the poll. The voting phase does not retract time from the Nomination Phase time.
  • In order for someone to be lynched and killed, the guilty vote must be higher than the innocent vote. Otherwise the player is found innocent and the game goes back to the nomination part of the day phase. Multiple people can be voted upon each day assuming someone hasn't been lynched.
  • If no-one is lynched and 3 days have elasped during the Nomination Phase, then the game immediately proceeds to the next night phase.
  • Night phases will last approximately 1 day long and this is the phase where the majority of powers will be used including Mafia killings. There is no posting whatsoever in the game thread during the night phase.
  • There will be private conversations for the Mafia and any other roles like the Cop that have a night phase aspect to them, so use those conversations if you have a role that does stuff during the night. These conversations may only be used during the night phase.
  • When a player dies, their role will be revealed in the game thread. If you are dead, do not post in the thread.
Roles in Play
Villager (Town) - You are just a regular person in the town, you win when all the mafia are dead. This makes up the uninformed majority of the town.
Seer (Town) - Once during each night, you get to check to see if a person is part of the Mafia.
Guardian Angel (Town) - Once during each night, you get to heal someone and if they are attacked, they do not die. You can seal-heal, but you can only do this once per game.
Werewolf (Mafia) - The informed minority, all members of the Mafia know each other. With your fellow Mafia and once during each night, you get to choose to kill a player and remove them from the game.

3 Werewolves, 1 Seer, 1 Guardian Angel, 8 Villagers

All players roles are determined by random. Roles will be going out shortly.

The Setting.
Maidenville is a peaceful village laying in the rural countryside of Europe. Not too much happens here, the odd frequent arguments, the occasional foreigner shouting “PlayClassics” while passing through. For the most part the village just has people going about their daily lives. This all changed when a pack of werewolves decided that Maidenville would be a good place for them to feast. It all started one night, everyone was in the local tavern enjoying the local brew when suddenly a blood-curdling scream was heard coming from outside. Everyone rushed outside to see 3 werewolves hulked over the dead body of TravisTheDragon, the local who is always trying to make things move at the Speed of Light. The werewolves see the rest of the town, and slink off into the night.

The Victims Players:
Ariana
Brigantium
Collin
Cornfed Hick
LooseCannon
Mosh
MrKnickerbocker
national acrobat
Night Prowler
Perun
RTC
Stardust
Wasted the Great

All messages have been sent out. The first day phase begins and will last 3 days (unless of course someone is nominated).

I've thought about this over the past week, and I nominate Stardust. If he's mafia/werewolf, then we get one early. Yay. If he's a villager, he is still unreadable and inconsistent and often acts like mafia anyway, thereby introducing confusion and making it harder for the villagers to figure things out. So, for the good of the village, and since someone has to be nominated first, Stardust seems as good as anyone.

Huh. That's a pretty fast nomination. Interesting logic - I'm not going to second yet, but I want to see how Stardust responds.

My observation of last game suggested that Stardust was sketchy as fuck. In every possibly bad way, yet he was completely innocent. Getting him out of the way early might help us. Then again, he seems like the kind of person that would be emboldened if he were a werewolf.

*sees werewolves hulked over the dead body of TravisTheDragon, stares thoughtfully at her beer, pours in on the ground and goes home, considering the idea of laying off the booze *

Hmm...

Yes, Cornfed Hick, last time I played really bad and slowed down the entire group.

I intend to change that...hopefully.

Right off the bat, I'm not gonna nominate anyone.

So...I'm gonna wait.

A bold move from Cornfed, though I must admit not terrible logic. It seems a bit hasty to jump into a "sacrificial lamb" scenario right off the bat, although if Cornfed is genuine in his thinking it could be a valid way to get the game rolling.

I do worry that this could become a general game move, i.e. starting out every new game by killing the person we think played the weakest in the last round, and that's no good.

We should be taking every new game as something completely different. It's hard to read through the same names and not hold onto feelings we had from the last game, but we must.

Yes and no, I mean knowing how certain people react in certain situations can be useful. It's all part of the game (the original purpose of which was to tell who is secretly working against you in Communist Russia. And possibly Communist Bulgaria. Maybe I should nominate Ariana).

I realise that we have to get the ball rolling somehow, but I think most of us are just too cautious after the previous game. Maybe RTC has a point and we should just nominate randomly to see what people would do then. But if we start killing our own people right from the start again, we'd end up just like in the previous game. Maybe at this point the best way to go about it is to hear from everyone involved. What do you guys think?

What if we set up a big silver cross in the town square and see who stays away from it?

Back