Brighter Than A Thousand Suns

How good is Brighter Than A Thousand Suns on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Without hesitation one of Maidens heaviest songs ever. The main riff is indeed powerful, and I really enjoy the different time signature.
The lyrics are inspired and really good, as well as the melodies.

One flaw is that Bruces vocals doesn't properly break through the mix. You can hear that the singing is good, but it isn't as powerful as I could have been with little better vocal production. Thats a minor problem, but a have to erase a point for it.

A new way for Maiden to write epics, and it seems like they really mean something here! For me, this is where the album really takes off.

8/10

I couldn't find a single one, and I also uploaded this to YouTube and they blocked it right away.

The image quality isn't that excellent though, don't you agree? When the screen is made larger, it gets vaguer. Anyway, better than nothing! :ok:

They were on YouTube for years, but then suddenly disappeared. I looked for Brighter Than A Thousand Suns a few months ago and only found it on Dailymotion.

Last edited:
I hadn't realised those had disappeared from Youtube. I used to watch Brighter than a Thousand Suns and Hallowed quite often

Those abbey road videos are awesome. Would love more of that "live in the studio" thing.

This a hundred times. For a band of their popularity, they have an awful lot of integrity - even in their professional setting. I do fully support their choices to remain private outside of the band (how about The Dickinsons on MTV? No?), but look at the documentary Metallica did for Death Magnetic or even how a lot of newer bands document their whole recording process to share with their fans. It would have been nice to have something along those lines - or like this, a concert in the studio without an audience. (Iron Maiden @ Pompeii? Yes?)

or like this, a concert in the studio without an audience. (Iron Maiden @ Pompeii? Yes?)

That would be awesome. Metallica did this with St. Anger. Played the whole thing from start to finish with a bit of talk and laughs between each track and put it out on DVD. I know it's not one of their best albums...but it's a great watch actually. Would love for Maiden to do this.

Absolutely 10. In my opinion, their best song since 1988. Great structure, heavy riff, great change of tempo, lyrics and vocals on top, exciting solos and "holy father we have sinned" is the definitive closure.

I saw the Final Frontier tour (1st leg) in Houston. That was a mistake. Should have seen the Dallas show the night prior because they played BTATS in Dallas but replaced it in Houston with...Wrathchild (!?!) Already seen that song live many times. Would much rather have seen BTATS!

Absolutely 10. In my opinion, their best song since 1988. Great structure, heavy riff, great change of tempo, lyrics and vocals on top, exciting solos and "holy father we have sinned" is the definitive closure.
Agreed. I'd also rate For the Greater Good of God as good as this. And The Legacy & The Longest Day come pretty close too... what an album

Couldn't find it in HD anywhere, so I decided to upload it myself:

Brigher Than A Thousand Suns live from Abbey Road in 2007. I have Hallowed and the interview too if anyone's interested :)
I love that song, and that performance so much. So fucking powerful. Bruce seems to be having a cold, but he still sounds so powerful. Probably the best song they have written since 1988?

Back