Musical prejudice

Resurrection!

I can't stand songs that are about metal or rock, or have "metal" or "rock" in the titles. Metal this, metal that, rocking this or that. There are obviously exceptions, but mostly in early stages of metal. Most of the new stuff is terrible and cheesy. Like Helloween's "Are You Metal" which I was listening to few minutes ago and which inspired me to post this.

Yeah, Priest is an exception to the rule. Metal Meltdown is also cool.

Cheesy crap: Heavy Metal Universe and To The Metal by Gamma Ray and Sabaton's Metal songs.

Prejudice part is that when I wanna check out something new and see that the band has stupid titles about metal / rock and nothing else, I pretty much just skip it. It's unoriginal and boring.

Y u no like Metal Crue? :'(

I've never liked to see 'rock' in the title of a song, though.

Y u no like Metal Crue? :'(
Lyrics speak for themselves :p
Take some venom and accept
That you won't see Nazareth
The rainbow leads you home

Warrior sent to milky way
UFO shooting Gamma ray
A riot of destruction

Watch the rock bitch go down, vixen spread

When the priest killed a maiden in the metal church
Armored saints and warlocks watched the slaughter
Rage of the slayer forced the pretty maids
To kiss the queen in crimson glory

You were born a motor head
Bike's in flames you race ahead
You do the Kansas rush

Racing with the motley crew
Annihilator chasing you
With guns and burning roses

Status quo has been reached
Wasps unleashed

Take a sky ride with me
Then you'll see

I like Metal Crüe. I think songs with rock/metal in the title are fun as long as they don't take themselves to seriously. When Helloween and Gamma Ray do it it just feels like yet another Judas Priest ripoff.

Resurrection!

I can't stand songs that are about metal or rock, or have "metal" or "rock" in the titles. Metal this, metal that, rocking this or that. There are obviously exceptions, but mostly in early stages of metal. Most of the new stuff is terrible and cheesy. Like Helloween's "Are You Metal" which I was listening to few minutes ago and which inspired me to post this.

I couldn't agree more. I absolutely despise this. It sucks because a lot of classic metal albums (Kill Em All) have a few songs like this and they are instantly my least favourite songs just because of the subject matter.

Bump.

I don't wanna listen to an album that has one song title for all songs, just with different numbers at the end. Example: this band who only uses titles like that <_<

Actually, that was the first one that came to mind with NP's post. I get that they wanted to stress that it's a single piece, but if they were going to track parts separately it would've helped to give them real names. Otherwise they should've gone the Green Carnation route and just make it one track.

Yeah, ideally I would love each track to have a name (at least a subtitle), but it's not going to deter from my enjoyment of the piece.

Well I don't really like it that much to begin with, but there are certain moments throughout that I enjoy and would listen to more if I knew what they were called.

I don't like 1 track albums. It's OK if the songs sequence into each other but one long 60 min track or whatever really puts me off from listening to it....

Just thought of one:
Metallica songs with Unforgiven in the title.

Or an album/band with this cover...
EdgeofThorns.jpg

Back