IRON MAIDEN STUDIO ALBUM COVERS SURVIVOR 2015: Results -> Somewhere In Time wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
I'm the same re NOTB. I really like the bolder, more iconic approach to album art, like NOTB and Killers (and FOTD, which is why I'm sad it's been eliminated). Dramatic Eddie image is the focal point, striking use of primary colours.

As much as I like AMOLAD's music, find the grittier and more realistic/semi 'serious' artwork goes well with the music, and have no problem with the execution of the artwork - unlike DoD - I don't find it all that memorable. What is memorable, though, is that skull and crossbones style Eddie and guns logo. That's marketing genius, that is. I notice they tried to rework it for TFF, too.

As much as I like AMOLAD's music, find the grittier and more realistic/semi 'serious' artwork goes well with the music, and have no problem with the execution of the artwork - unlike DoD - I don't find it all that memorable.
it refers to ... in this sentence?

the grittier and more realistic/semi 'serious' artwork

I guess?

And I agree totally with Briggs. I mean, AMOLAD is a cool picture in itself...very "new! perhaps what we needed in 06 and forward...very Marvel/DC- Very comic-esque. New idea for Maiden which is cool, they need to move forward too...But holding up Killers or NOTB and compare the sleeves to AMOLAD and I can't see why anyone would vote this over the iconic Eddie covers.

But hey, if they are the cool covers for the new generations, then so be it...... :p

Last edited:
""The cat is from way back," says Derek of the halo-topped kitty, also on the back cover, lower right. "That goes right back to Killers. Because it was an alleyway, it was an alley cat. So the cat was floating around for years, and I just stuck the halo on him and made him look sinister because, 'What's that all about?' Well, it's not about anything really — it's just a cat with a halo (laughs). I'm good at making things look unusual and sinister. There's this idea I came up with — to get people's attention, you've got to get people to look at something and wonder"

The only studio album cats I know of are the Killers cat and several sphynx (lion body = cat) plus several other deities possible with lion heads on Powerslave. There's a dog/wolf on Dance of Death.

Top 15
The Number Of The Beast
09. Fear Of The Dark
10. Iron Maiden
11. No Prayer For The Dying
12. The Final Frontier
13. Virtual XI
14. The X Factor
15. Dance Of Death

Back