Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

So, Sabaton were great (as expected). The support act, Avatar, were also good at times, but not really great. They do, however, get respect for standing next to the merch stand after Sabaton's show to say hello to fans.

According to my (slightly drubl) memory, the setlist was as follows:

Ghost Division
To Hell And Back
The Art of War
40:1
Carolus Rex
Soldier of Three Armies
Gott Mit Uns (in Swedish by popular demand)

Guitar duel and then Master of Puppets with Brodén on guitar)

Resist and Bite
Saboteurs
Carolean's Prayer (in Swedish)
Swedish Pagans
Attero Dominatus

Encore:
Night Witches
Primo Victoria
Metal Crue

I might have mixed up the order of some songs, but at least I know that all the songs listed were played :D

Well, I think To Hell and Back could become a staple. It was well received last night, and also last time I saw them play it (in Nijmegen last summer). I'd be very surprised if that one isn't played frequently during future tours.

It's definitely great live, but I think 15 years from now it'll still be played in America, even if they drop it in other places. Just so Joakim can give his intro about Texas and have all 'Muricans go crazy.

Btw, when Joakim had played a little from Master of Puppets on guitar, he went on to sing the first couple of lines from the verse, and obviously the crowd joined in. He then asked (in Swedish, but I'll translate here) "So you guys like Metallica, eh?" Crowd "yeeeeeah" Joakim "Then why the hell are you at a Sabaton show?" :p I found a Youtube clip from another show where he did the same, so I think it's something they do regularly on this tour.

Back