Queensryche & Geoff Tate

If Tate actually has his facts straight in this interview, the last show will be on September 1st. And knowing what he's like, I'm sure this will be a full, "farewell" tour so he can make people think that this is their last time to ever see Queensryche just to help increase ticket sales. I don't think he'll do very well with these prices! :lol:

chTkdb5.jpg

Oh, here is a SUPER AMAZING quality audio bootleg of their show from the 25th. I swear, when I first heard it, I thought it was a pro recording. It's really that amazing! It's in FLAC format so it's pretty big in size. 615MB, but well worth downloading.

Here is the torrent: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=489934
And a direct download: http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g9048af81aefcaa05999494233e8c5166f2bccf1c3

Here are some audio samples(you don't need to be logged in to hear them):
http://www.dimeadozen.org/attachments/4/489934/6431005/03. Breaking the Silence.mp3
http://www.dimeadozen.org/attachments/4/489934/6431008/09. Silent Lucidity.mp3
http://www.dimeadozen.org/attachments/4/489934/6431016/14. The Lady Wore Black.mp3

From: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/it...-entity-recording-and-touring-as-queensryche/
QUEENSRŸCHE members Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton and Geoff Tate have released the following joint statement:

"We wanted to let QUEENSRŸCHE fans around the world know that an amicable settlement has been reached between Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Wilton and Geoff Tate with regard to the future of the QUEENSRŸCHE name. According to the agreement, original QUEENSRŸCHE members Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Michael Wilton along with recent members, Todd La Torre and Parker Lundgren, will now be the sole entity recording and touring as QUEENSRŸCHE, performing selections from their entire musical catalog that spans over 30 years of material. Original QUEENSRŸCHE lead singer Geoff Tate will continue to record, perform and pursue a variety of other creative endeavors and, as part of the agreement, will have the exclusive rights to perform 'Operation: Mindcrime I' and 'II' in their entirety as a unique performance. Both sides wish each other well and are excited about what the future holds. We want to thank the fans for standing beside us through this ordeal and look forward to sharing our music with you for years to come."

The QUEENSRŸCHE corporate assets will be evenly divided among Wilton, Jackson, Rockenfield and Tate.

According to The Seattle Times, Tate will embark on a brief QUEENSRŸCHE "farewell" tour this summer before launching a new chapter his career.

"It's the rebirth of QUEENSRŸCHE and the way it used to be," Wilton told The Seattle Times. "We're rebuilding the QUEENSRŸCHE name."

Added Tate: "One thing that's really important for people to understand is that this never went to court. They [Wilton, Jackson and Rockenfield] bought the name from me. But I retain 'Operation: Mindcrime'. It's sort of similar to the PINK FLOYD situation where Roger Waters retained 'The Wall'. 'Mindcrime' was my thing and my story, so it's appropriate that I keep that. So they will continue on as QUEENSRŸCHE, and I will continue on as me."

So, it sounds like Tate will completely lose the name, but he gets to do the MC albums. Hey, that's fine by me! This is truly a great victory for QR!!!

Geoff Tate (...) will have the exclusive rights to perform 'Operation: Mindcrime I' and 'II' in their entirety as a unique performance.

Because that went so well and billions of fans just flocked to those shows.

Sounds like a good deal for all parties.

I guess Tate can still cash in with his Queensryche goodbye tour and will then go solo (the best move for him imo; it's better for him to leave the name Queensryche alone).

I still think the best solution would've been for the rest of the band to just continue under Rising West as they initially did when they recruited Todd... rather than go through all of this. Tate has been very bad throughout all of this, but the way they did it with the side-project and then changing the name not only seems very pointless, but pretty underhand, so I'd hardly call the rest clean. It was like they wanted to try and make some extra money, and trial the new singer, but weren't brave enough to quit and form fresh.

There will also be many old fans who would hear QR were releasing a new album and regardless of the new singer simply not be interested enough, whereas a new band that was said to "be like old QR" may gain their attention.

Likely an unpopular opinion, but meh. Personally Mindcrime is the only QR I really care for, although it's been a while since I listened to the rest.

I still think the best solution would've been for the rest of the band to just continue under Rising West as they initially did when they recruited Todd... rather than go through all of this. Tate has been very bad throughout all of this, but the way they did it with the side-project and then changing the name not only seems very pointless, but pretty underhand, so I'd hardly call the rest clean. It was like they wanted to try and make some extra money, and trial the new singer, but weren't brave enough to quit and form fresh.

There will also be many old fans who would hear QR were releasing a new album and regardless of the new singer simply not be interested enough, whereas a new band that was said to "be like old QR" may gain their attention.

Likely an unpopular opinion, but meh. Personally Mindcrime is the only QR I really care for, although it's been a while since I listened to the rest.
You know. They spent 30 years building their brand (okay, and 8 seeing it getting beaten to the ground by Tate). Why the fuck would they throw that away? The Rising West moniker wouldn't be worth a 3rd of the tarnished Ryche name. The Ryche name will allow them to make a decent living, while Rising West would likely have them settling for far less - And it's not like they make a wealth at this point. Going for t he Rising West name wouldn't just be "brave", bur pretty stupid really.

I dunno, the Ryche name has both good and bad associated with it at this stage. This whole thread started from Travis' excitement over them forming Rising West and ditching QR didn't it? There are plenty of bands that break away and form fresh when they're having musical differences.

The Ryche name, although tarnished, for sure has a larger market value than the Rising West name. Why should the guys have to move aside because Tate goes apeshit?

It just wouldn't have been right if their last album was Dedication To Chaos or however it's called.

Reactions: Yax
Rising West was really founded before then I believe, and shows already booked, and they might have been looking to reconcile with Geoff. But does it even matter really?

If it had all happened and they knew they were going to fire him, then it just makes it a bit pointless is all. It just makes it all more confusing and messy, meh.

I'm very glad for the way things turned out of course. However, Tate is making one last dickhead move: Queensryche farewell tour Knowing what he's like, it doesn't surprise me in the least. I hope he enjoys his last days as QR playing to what will probably be 200 people or less.

It looks like the statement the band made wasn't the official press release and one will be made tomorrow morning. It'll be interesting to see what other details they talk about.

bs64CUR.jpg

Now, Tate really sounds like a solo act! I'm so glad for the results of this and for QR as well!

From: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/qu...settlement-in-dispute-over-ownership-of-name/

QUEENSRŸCHE — Eddie Jackson, Todd La Torre, Parker Lundgren, Scott Rockenfield and Michael Wilton — has already begun writing material for the follow-up to its critically acclaimed self-titled 2013 Century Media Records album, "Queensrÿche". The new CD is tentatively scheduled for release in early summer 2015.

"The QUEENSRŸCHE internal dynamic has certainly changed in terms of musicianship," states founding guitarist Michael Wilton. "It's more of a cohesive team and the chemistry we have now is making what we can do creatively limitless.

"For QUEENSRŸCHE, it was always about being able to write together as a band. We didn't have that for a long time but now that it's back, we feel extremely liberated.

"We've already begun the writing process for the next album and have a few songs demoed that we feel really good about. We're taking the songs in the classic QUEENSRŸCHE direction but maybe a little more progressive and heavier at times. The thing is, you never know what you really have until it's complete. We can't wait for the final outcome.

"Writing with such a dynamic group of individuals has been nothing short of amazing."

QUEENSRŸCHE recently reached a settlement in their dispute over the ownership of the QUEENSRŸCHE name and brand. Century Media has announced that Eddie Jackson, Scott Rockenfield and Michael Wilton have successfully agreed to purchase Geoff Tate's portion of the QUEENSRŸCHE name. The band will buy out their former lead singer's share of the QUEENSRŸCHE corporation while allowing him the ability to be the only one to perform "Operation: Mindcrime" and "Operation: Mindcrime II" in their entirety. He will no longer have use of the TriRyche logo or any other album images aside from the "Mindcrime" releases. He can only refer to himself as the "original lead singer of QUEENSRŸCHE" or "formerly of QUEENSRŸCHE" for a period of two years and that text must be at least 50 percent smaller than his name in all materials. After this two-year period passes, he can only refer to himself as Geoff Tate with no mention of QUEENSRŸCHE at all.

Geoff Tate will be able to finish any confirmed dates billed for his QUEENSRŸCHE lineup scheduled to terminate on August 31, 2014. As of September 1, there will be only one QUEENSRŸCHE entity and that will consist of Eddie Jackson, Todd La Torre, Parker Lundgren, Scott Rockenfield and Michael Wilton. This lineup will continue to perform selections from their entire musical catalog, including songs from "Operation: Mindcrime". The band will be able to use all TriRyche logos and previous album artwork for any purposes as needed by the corporation.

QUEENSRŸCHE is:

Todd La Torre- Vocals
Michael Wilton - Guitars
Parker Lundgren - Guitars
Eddie Jackson - Bass
Scott Rockenfield - Drums

Back