NOW WATCHING

Another theory that's going around is that May could be Skye's mother which is something I'm starting to firmly believe. Especially with how May acts around Skye. That or May is the one who dropped Skye off at the orphanage. I feel May and Skye have a connection somehow.
Yeah, my daughter is calling that one. I'm with Knick - too obvious.

Too obvious, yes. I am hoping for some sort of twist in that but I'd be happy with the May is Skye's mother outcome too. If that is the case, I'll be interested to see how their relationship changes, if at all.

Just watched this week's episode, which was really quite good. Some good character development from Skye and Fitz, as well as a couple great scenes between Coulson and May.

Turns out we were wrong about Skye's parentage. Apparently, she is an "084", an unclassified entity? She might have super powers? Her whole family is dead? Honestly, this reveal seems really far-fetched and pretty lame. Hopefully they go somewhere interesting with it, because it sounds really far out of left field.

I'm still abit confused about that. I'm going to rewatch the episode tomorrow with my husband since he couldn't watch it tonight and the part where Coulson talked to Skye about what happened, the tv shut off so I missed that whole bit but I was told that he only told her what that other agent told him and May. I feel like there is still more to it and I'm sure there is and I still have this weird feeling there's something up with May and Skye. I don't think we have the full picture yet, just only part of it.

I'm still abit confused about that. I'm going to rewatch the episode tomorrow with my husband since he couldn't watch it tonight and the part where Coulson talked to Skye about what happened, the tv shut off so I missed that whole bit but I was told that he only told her what that other agent told him and May. I feel like there is still more to it and I'm sure there is and I still have this weird feeling there's something up with May and Skye. I don't think we have the full picture yet, just only part of it.

There is probably more, but it doesn't seem like we'll be getting any answers any time soon. As for the Coulson/Skye conversation, his dialogue just sorta fades out while Skye cries. You don't hear all of what he says, so you're meant to assume he's just repeating the story.

That's not quite what I was meaning. I meant that the end of season 3 with Daenerys crowd-surfing was a bit shit. I'd have rather it ended with the Red Wedding.

That's the problem of translating books into film/series. One of the reaons I haven't seen the series for Pillars of the Earth. For a book of such massive scope I felt a 10-hour series was too little time to do it justice and just skipped. it. I bought the first five Game of Thromes books for Christmas as I plan to read them first before watching the series (hopefully out on netflix by the time I'm done) for that very reason.

So I watched Dredd the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. I was ready to be bored to tears and hate it just like I hated the first one when it first came out. To my surprise it was a really good movie. Most of the things the first movie got wrong, this movie got right. First was scope. The first movie was all over and the world of Dredd isn't that pretty and it looked hokey and clunky. The new one goes over what Mega City is, but narrows the scope to a single building. Second, Dredd is NOT the main character, he is not the one you are meant to follow and identify with, but with a rookie on her field evaluation. Lastly, you NEVER see Dredd, he always wears his helmet, in fact the movie is full of unknowns which was great. The movie itslef was very straightfoward and well done. MUCH improved from the Stallone version.

So I watched Dredd the other day and I was pleasantly surprised. I was ready to be bored to tears and hate it just like I hated the first one when it first came out. To my surprise it was a really good movie. Most of the things the first movie got wrong, this movie got right. First was scope. The first movie was all over and the world of Dredd isn't that pretty and it looked hokey and clunky. The new one goes over what Mega City is, but narrows the scope to a single building. Second, Dredd is NOT the main character, he is not the one you are meant to follow and identify with, but with a rookie on her field evaluation. Lastly, you NEVER see Dredd, he always wears his helmet, in fact the movie is full of unknowns which was great. The movie itslef was very straightfoward and well done. MUCH improved from the Stallone version.

I completely agree. I was ready to hate this film on all accounts, but it was quite good for a modern action flick. Miles and miles better than the Stallone version. Also, that gatling gun scene was awesome.

I thought Dredd was one of the best sci-fi/action films of the last 20 years. Not T2, of course, but heads and tails above almost any other offering in the genre since (including, of course, Avatar).

Currently watching The Wizard of Oz at school in the class. Although I can appreciate the production and acting, musicals are definitely not my cup of tea.

Just watched The Wolf of Wall Street.

Way too long. Way too vulgar. Way too much glorification of scumbags. So, ya know, typical Scorsese.

There's three amazing scenes in the movie and a whole bunch of drug-induced schlock. Great performances, though.

Just watched the latest episode of How I Met Your Mother, the 200th overall episode of the series. Very, very strong episode, one of the best in show's history, even.

Just watched the latest episode of How I Met Your Mother, the 200th overall episode of the series. Very, very strong episode, one of the best in show's history, even.

The "How Your Mother Met Me?" episode? It was so very interesting, but IMO, pretty unfunny. The drama of it was amazing, as it has been for the last 2-3 seasons, and I think Cristin Milioti is fantastic, but the first half of the episode left me without a laugh.

Back