Top 5 Iron Maiden Album Covers?

Hallowed be thy Brain

Infinite Dreamer
What are your top 5 album covers? Criteria: 1. Does the cover look good? 2. Does it match the feel of the album?

5. The Number of the Beast: Mr. Riggs did a fantastic job on the album cover! Eddie and the Devil capture the tone and atmosphere of the album but, the light blue looks a little weird. (Thankfully the Remaster cover takes care of that)

4. Seventh Son: This cover has a great use of color along with the ice on the water and the unborn Moonchild adding a great storybook quality. This album also features my favorite version of Eddie. No complaints.

3. Somewhere in Time: Without a doubt the most detailed album cover. At first, it just looks like a good drawing of a futuristic Eddie but, the more you look the more details you discover, aside from the song references there are also cartoon drawings of the band and even references to previous albums.

2. Killers: I feel obligated to put the album so high on this list not only for the best drawing of the classic Eddie (classic Eddie is from the debut up to TNOTB obviously) but I also feel like putting this cover so high due to its cultural impact; this album cover is everywhere! On shirts, on peoples bodies, on posters, on jackets ect

1. Powerslave: Although classic Eddie is iconic and Seventh Son Eddie is my personal favorite, Mummy/Powerslave and Live After Death Eddie is epic. Not only does Eddie look great but the detail of the pyramids and the electricity on the cover is phenomenal. One last thing: Have you noticed the entrance to the pyramid is Eddie's crotch? Ewww.

What are your favorite covers?

Last edited:
1/ Killers. The illustration is fantastic, and, most importantly, it perflectly reflects the mucical content. Plus this is the very first album I listened to, and, at the time, being 12, the cover played a great role in me wanting to listen to that particular band and record.

2/ Piece of Mind : just insane !

3/ Powerlave. The only thing I dislike is the desapperarance of the big red logo, which, I must admit, wouldn't have suited the cover.

4/ X Factor. Great idea to use plastice art instead of a drawing. I'd like them to do that again.

5/ The Number of the Beast : what an idea !

1/ Killers. The illustration is fantastic, and, most importantly, it perflectly reflects the mucical content. Plus this is the very first album I listened to, and, at the time, being 12, the cover played a great role in me wanting to listen to that particular band and record.

2/ Piece of Mind : just insane !

3/ Powerlave. The only thing I dislike is the desapperarance of the big red logo, which, I must admit, wouldn't have suited the cover.

4/ X Factor. Great idea to use plastice art instead of a drawing. I'd like them to do that again.

5/ The Number of the Beast : what an idea !
Was the Piece of Mind statement a pun?

Derek Riggs is the ONLY Maiden artist and always will be, no matter how much the band deny it. They owe a big part of their success and appeal to him.

Marvin Birch. Commonly known as The starfish or as the sixth Maiden (pre-Gers) maybe it was him. Didn't know he created album covers though..

Yep, and Marvin was one of his many nicknames with Maiden. I was trying to be funny. I emphasize "trying" as it didn't come off too well :duckie:

Apart from the number one I am not entirely sure if this is the right order, but here we go:

1) Live After Death
2) Powerslave
3) Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
4) Somewhere in Time
5) Fear of the Dark

I dislike the the post-Brave New World artwork a lot.

1. Somewhere In Time
2. A Matter Of Life & Death
3. Powerslave
4. Brave New World
5. can't decide

1. Live After Death
2. Brave New World
3. A Matter of Life and Death
4. Piece of Mind
5. Somewhere in Time

I'm really hoping someone makes a legitimate case for "Dance of Death" or "The X Factor"

Back