Sanctuary

How good is Sanctuary on a scale of 1-10

• Total voters

Great bass work, however song drags too long. Too simple and repetitive. If we were judging the live track, especially the RiR version, it would be 8. But not on studio.

Another song I don't like too much, and the production just kills it. 6/10

6. I like this song, but the production is crap. Maiden Japan and LAD versions are my favorites.

7- Better live than on disc, I've never loved this song nor is it anything I dislike either.  Not bad.

That riff and tempo just drags you along.Simple and addictive plus another great solo by Dave. 8/10

its... ok but leaves something to be desired for me, weak compared to the rest of the album and we only really need one running free    6.

8/10

Good little rocker. I prefer the live versions, with the 'Keep Yourself Alive' riff and without the siren.

Compared to the other songs on the album, this one just doesn't do anything for me, and I'd never go out of my way to listen to it. 5/10

Never liked this one much. Flat riff, weak lyrics, and an unnecessary chorus. Solos aren't interesting. Still, I like the drive in the verses, and the song isn't bad. 5/10

This song feels like a song i'd hear on a ramones or dead kennedy's album. I know some may not like to hear that.
It's okay, but probably the weakest song on this debut album.

6/10

Quite boring song to be honest. Solos saves it from being to bad.
The Rock In Rio version is better thou, but the studio version is kind of flat.

5/10

Main riff isn't particularly interesting or memorable. Feels more like a punk song aside from the solos.
Definitely feels like B-side material. Nothing terrible here, just mediocre overall. I do like the lead melody it ends on though.

5/10

Back