Post Your iTunes "25 Most Played" List Here

Cornfed Hick

Ancient Mariner
Got this idea from a post I just made in the 100K thread. iTunes, and probably other music interfaces as well, automatically generates a playlist called "Top 25 Most Played." So, copy it and post your list here! As this is at least nominally a music forum, I'm always interested in music that you folks recommend. This is a good way to get a sense of what people are listening to without any extraneous commentary.

Two rules: (1) unless it's facially racist or will identify you as a homicidal Satanist, don't delete the "skeletons in your closet," i.e., if Lady GaGa is a guilty pleasure and is on your 25-most-played list, leave it on and let us see it, and (2) no pejorative comments about people's lists -- gentle teasing to someone that you know will be fine with it may be okay, but don't be an asshole.

My list is attached. Caveat: I reset my play-counts once or twice a year, just to mix things up, so this list won't represent my all-time top 25. Sorry for posting this info in two different threads.

1 Candy-O 2:36 Candy-O The Cars
2 Suicide & Redemption 10:04 Death Magnetic [MarckIII] Metallica
3 Perfect Strangers 5:31 Perfect Strangers Deep Purple
4 Stone In Love 4:26 Escape Journey
5 Presence Of The Lord 4:51 Blind Faith Blind Faith
6 Oblivion 4:11 Visions Grimes
7 Rumble 2:26 Rock-a-Hits Link Wray & His Wray Men
8 Mississippi Queen 2:32 Climbing! [2003 Reissue - Bonus… Mountain
9 The Mob Rules [demo] 3:14 Mob Rules [Deluxe Edition] Black Sabbath
10 The Night They Drove Old Dixie… 3:33 The Band The Band
11 Amity 5:57 If_Then_Else The Gathering
12 Long Black Veil 3:06 Music From Big Pink The Band
13 Like I'm Lovin' You 3:11 Tale Of The Tape Billy Squier
14 Graveyard 4:18 Metals Feist
15 I'm So Afraid 4:23 Fleetwood Mac Fleetwood Mac
16 Heart of a Lion 3:53 Live Insurrection (Remastered) Halford
17 Rocky Mountain Way 5:15 The Definitive Collection Joe Walsh
18 La Villa Strangiato 9:36 Hemispheres Rush
19 Bring It On Home To Me 2:45 Portrait Of A Legend 1951-1964 Sam Cooke
20 No One 4:14 As I Am Alicia Keys
21 Murder 4:59 About Face David Gilmour
22 All The Fools Sailed Away 7:12 Dream Evil (Deluxe Edition) Dio
23 Stay With Me 4:40 A Nod Is As Good As A Wink...To… The Faces
24 I Can't Keep You In My Mind 2:43 Sees The Light La Sera

25 Seven Nation Army 3:50 Elephant (UK vinyl) The White Stripes

Attachments

• top25.pdf
    40.1 KB · Views: 11
I love it! I just reset mine 2 days ago, so I'll grab my list from home and upload it instead. And great, everyone will know I listened to Macklemore. :)

I don't use iTunes very much so here's my spotify list:
CugBVzD.png

Everything got reset recently so these are really just what I've been listening too lately. Plus I tend to listen to CDs and vinyl mostly, as well as complete albums on spotify. My top albums list has much more variety
MnPFxiu.png

I love it! I just reset mine 2 days ago, so I'll grab my list from home and upload it instead. And great, everyone will know I listened to Macklemore. :)
There was a remix of Thrift Shop awhile back that I really liked. Played it at least once a day for over a month. So you're definitely not alone :D

@Cornfed Hick Fleetwood Mac - I'm So Afraid, Hell Yes!
Heres mine, I recently had to re install Itunes for my computer, and I've had it for like 6 months so that may explain low play counts
1. The Alchemist-Bruce Dickinson 32
2. When the Wild Wind Blows- Iron Maiden 31
3. The Tower-Bruce Dickinson 31
4. Count of Tuscany- Dream Theater 30
5. Metropolis pt 1-Dream Theater 28
6. Phantom of the Opera (LaD)- Iron Maiden 26
7. Pigs Three Different Ones- Pink Floyd 25
8. Die With Your Boots On - Iron Maiden 23
9. Unbeliever - Iron Maiden 22
10. Fugitive- Iron Maiden 21 Seriously?
11. Hey You - Pink Floyd 21
12. Stargazer - Rainbow 20
13. Trumpets of Jericho - Bruce Dickinson 20
14. Scene Six: Home- Dream Theater 20
15. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due -Megadeth 19
16. Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner - Iron Maiden 18
17. Holy Diver- Dio 16
18. The Sentinel - Judas Priest 16
19. Far Cry - Rush 15
20. Unforgiven 3 - Metallica 14
21. Hnagar 18 - Megadeth 14
22. Painkiller - Judas Priest 14
23. Hallowed be Thy Name (F666) - Iron Maiden 13
24. Dance in the Rain - Megadeth 13
25. Machine Men - Bruce Dickinson 13 This better not go in the current H survivor
The last 3 are also tied with Bridges in the Sky by Dream Theater

I share my iTunes with my wife and two daughters, so, as you see, the 14-year-old apparently dominates.
I tried to figure out how to find something that reflects my habits and the best I could come up with was ordering my biggest playlist by number of plays, but even then it's still skewed by what my kids like. Everything on this list is stuff they listen to too.

Screen shot 2013-07-12 at 4.57.54 PM.png

Anyone have any suggestions on how to track my own habits?

This might be a dumb question but is there a way to get the Top 25 Most Played from your iPod rather than the iTunes itself? That's where I listen to most if not all of my music and my iTunes library hardly represents what I listen to on a daily basis because I don't really listen to the music on there.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I got it. :D

mkindog, those lists are sweet. Big C&C fan it seems. Saw them open for Maiden on the last tour. May need to check them out more. What is the Hangover tiger song? That's not the one with the line, "crystal meth tweakers," is it?

Mosh, glad to see the Pat Benatar live album!

Oh yea! Picked it up on vinyl a couple weeks ago for a dollar, good stuff!

I don't use iTunes and I have some questions about it. Does it work on Windows? Is there any limitations if you don't buy the program but download it from internet? Do you have to pay to listen to songs? Do you have to pay to archive the songs?

I had a list of songs I frequently listened to that I was keeping by writing one by one, I gave up eventually.

It works on Windows and you don't need to buy anything. Just download it, don't give them your email if you don't want them sending you stuff.

Mosh is right, unless you elect to actually buy music from the iTunes Store it won't cost you a penny. And, if you have music stored as MP3's (or other formats), you can import the music really easily. It's a very good, user-friendly interface, even on Windows.

What is the Hangover tiger song? That's not the one with the line, "crystal meth tweakers," is it?
!

That's the one.
Also, I am a big Coheed fan, but its the same 14-year-old Taylor Swift fan that pushed them and all the TFF songs to the top. Kid has some eclectic tastes.

I mostly only listen to full albums these days, and there are a lot of songs I really like which are on a "don't play" list, so it will be a bit less accurate than it would've been a few years ago. My music tends to be left on in the background so often an album/playlist will go for days before I think to change it.

Results from ~2 years.
1. W.A.S.P - Mean Man (1344)
2. Bruce Dickinson - Jerusalem (1341)
3. W.A.S.P - The Neutron Bomber (1258)
4. W.A.S.P - The Idol (1250)
5. W.A.S.P - The Great Misconceptions of Me (1240)
6. Bruce Dickinson - Return of the King (1238)
7. Iron Maiden - The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (1153)
8. Sabaton - Panzer Battalion (1145)
9. Sabaton - 40:1 (1142)
10. Bruce Dickinson - Taking the Queen (1113)
11. Bruce Dickinson - Omega (1107)
12. Bruce Dickinson - Darkside of Aquarius (1095)
13. W.A.S.P - Chainsaw Charlie, Murders in the New Morgue (1070)
14. Bruce Dickinson - Arc of Space (1068)
15. Bruce Dickinson - Freak (1038)
16. W.A.S.P - Arena of Pleasure (1031)
17. Iron Maiden - Out of the Silent Planet (1028)
18. W.A.S.P - The Headless Children (895)
19. W.A.S.P - Hold on to My Heart (876)
20. W.A.S.P - Forever Free (827)
21. Judas Priest - Persecution (820)
22. Judas Priest - Nostradamus (804)
23. Bruce Dickinson - Tears of the Dragon (791)
24. Halford - Silent Screams (791)
25. Sixx: A.M - Skin (765)

I've been listening to SiT/AMOLAD all week but still nowhere enough to be into the top 100 let alone 25.

How is The Idol not number one? Don't you listen to that once every hour? :p

I listen to the album once a day.. and I do have it in multiple different playlists regardless of mood... but I change playlist randomly, so it's likely to have just not been in one of the playlists that got left on for longer :p If I could include iPod (this is Winamp) then it would go higher.

If it went back to a ~5 year period it would probably be my most played track by about 3 times the next >.>

I think it's about time I made a playlist instead of throwing on an album...

Great thread...I was gonna post but then I realized my 25 most played tracks according to Last.FM since December last year is all Beatles and Bob Dylan..I don't know who would find that interesting...

Maybe it would be more interesting if I posted my artist/band top 25 according to Last.FM since December last year instead? ;)

Back