New Forum Broken Something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure there are going to be a bunch of things that the move has broken - if you've got a problem, noticed something odd around the place or just want to ask about something that's gone missing, here's the place!

Many of these can be covered by editing as you suggested in the other thread, but I've noticed that spoiler tags no longer work. There are some other bits of functionality we lost, like table tags, but those were rarely used.

IIRC, RW had to add the spoiler function from somewhere. It wasn't part of the native software.

I just had the thought to see how the new place handles a double post ... here we go!

Edit after posting: as you can see, they no longer combine. Whether this is "broken" I leave to your judgement.

Also, Mosh and UnknownOne mentioned in the chat that it's harder to tell signatures apart from the post. Can we set off the signature somehow?

A while back the "delete post" option was removed from us users. It's now back - however, it will prompt you to give a reason for deletion. I guess this is, again, up to Jon to decide whether to retain this option or not.

A while back the "delete post" option was removed from us users. It's now back - however, it will prompt you to give a reason for deletion. I guess this is, again, up to Jon to decide whether to retain this option or not.

I would appreciate to have a post deletion possibility.

It looks like topic subjects can't be changed, or at least; I can't find the option. That's very unhandy. E.g. take a look at the survivors, or my own top 50 topic. I want to do #15 now but I can't change the title from 16 to 15.

Same goes for post subjects.

It looks like topic subjects can't be changed, or at least; I can't find the option. That's very unhandy. E.g. take a look at the survivors, or my own top 50 topic. I want to do #15 now but I can't change the title from 16 to 15.

Same goes for post subjects.

If you did have the option (I'm not sure from a quick look at the permissions), it would be under the 'Thread Tools' menu at the top left, next to 'Unwatch Thread' & 'Selected Posts'.

Is editing polls possible?

It's certainly possible - I can see an 'edit' link in the top right of the post box next to polls. It might be set moderator only at the moment, although I'd prefer it if it was also visible for the poll starter - if you have polls, can you let me know?

We have tons of polls and games which need editing. Looks like SMX will be the only one who can run one properly (at this point). :D

Is there a calendar like the old forum had, so we can see birthdays and other upcoming events?

There's no calendar right now, but I'll keep an eye on what the developers put out.

Bottom right of the post, number beginning with the # should give you a popup offering the link in BBCode, HTML and a bunch of sharing options.

Also, a heads up - you can embed youtube clips by using the BBCode
Code:
[media=youtube]abcdefghijk[/media]
where abcdefghijk is the unique video URL part. (This syntax also supports a bunch of other media sites; Dailymotion; Facebook; Liveleak; Metacafe; Vimeo; YouTube)

I notice you have an RSS index for each sub-forum, etc. but there used to be one for the most recent posts (or the what's new as it is now). Is that something that can be considered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back