The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, overrated. What a drop compared to Book Of Souls. Senjutsu sounds like demo. Some of the ideas do have potential, but the result as an album is unfortunaly poor, and the thing that annoys me the most: It's far beyond Maiden standards and their potential.
It has been their style since 1995 and The X Factor (with exceptions on VXI, BNW, DoD and TFF). As much as I would prefer albums resembling POM for instance, I have learned to accept it. ;)

Yes, overrated. What a drop compared to Book Of Souls. Senjutsu sounds like demo. Some of the ideas do have potential, but the result as an album is unfortunaly poor, and the thing that annoys me the most: It's far beyond Maiden standards and their potential.
Major issue with Senjutsu is that the songs go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... Seems Steve feels the need to have endless songs in all albums but now he decided to have 3 or 4.

Book of Souls is also very mediocre album. I can only listen to their last 4-5 albums fully if I'm distracted doing something. Because I cant seat and simply listen to them. I get bored after a while. And they are like this since almost 2 decades. Maiden should have a Producer that should be firm in saying this sucks this is boring, this is too repetitive, this is just too long and goes nowhere. Sadly they dont and Steve does whatever he thinks it's right. Also they know the fans will buy anything they put out independently if it's good really good or just boring crap.

Well not The Prisoner? It's been 9 years since it was last played and before it returned for Maiden England 2012 it was 21 years before it's last stint in the set, so it sure isn't exactly overplayed. :D One of the set highlights for me!
I guess you're right, but I feel like I heard a lot of live versions of it from live albums.

I'm glad I'm a fan that genuinely enjoys what the band has been doing in recent years for the most part (giving the stink eye to you Tony Newton produced material ) and marvel at the quality of shows they can still pull off these days after 45+ years. Given they are my favorite all-time band the reverse would kinda suck...

Major issue with Senjutsu is that the songs go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on... Seems Steve feels the need to have endless songs in all albums but now he decided to have 3 or 4.

Book of Souls is also very mediocre album. I can only listen to their last 4-5 albums fully if I'm distracted doing something. Because I cant seat and simply listen to them. I get bored after a while. And they are like this since almost 2 decades. Maiden should have a Producer that should be firm in saying this sucks this is boring, this is too repetitive, this is just too long and goes nowhere. Sadly they dont and Steve does whatever he thinks it's right. Also they know the fans will buy anything they put out independently if it's good really good or just boring crap.
For me, it's the other way around. I can work on something while listening to short simple songs.
But with Steve's "Senjutsu" epics, I still notice new things; they always create images in my mind's eye and I love getting sucked into their world. It's never occurred to me to clean up the kitchen/garage or anything while listening to them.

…Highlights for me:
Stranger In A Strange Land
(Only minor complaint is the Bruce talk during the beginning of Adrians solo)
I hate it when he does that. Could I hold up a sign before solos "Bruce, zip it!"?
Maybe he could be distracted by throwing a gift for him on stage? :)

Yes, overrated. What a drop compared to Book Of Souls. Senjutsu sounds like a demo. Some of the ideas do have potential, but the result as an album is unfortunately poor, and the thing that annoys me the most: It's far beyond Maiden standards and their potential.
Demo? Wow. If songs like TWOTW, Stratego, Senjutsu, Hell On Earth and Parchment are poor and far beyond the band's standards and their potential, then I don't know what to say about the band's earlier material and some of the less popular shorter songs.
It has been their style since 1995 and The X Factor (with exceptions on VXI, BNW, DoD and TFF). As much as I would prefer albums resembling POM for instance, I have learned to accept it. ;)
There are exceptions on every album. And why does their style have to resemble a certain album? You can link some of the songs to certain albums (which is normal), but a whole album... the best imo is to have a balanced mix. I'm so glad that for example POM and DOD are so different albums, 20 years apart.

Not every song on SJ ''go on and on and on''. BOS is also filled with not so many long songs (BNW and DOD too, the primarily longer songs started with AMOLAD). And what (big) difference would it make if some of the long epic songs (written by Steve) are 1 or 2 minutes shorter? It's not like the repetition is ''1998 level'', and it seems normal with 3 guitarists Steve to write longer instrumental sections.
I'm glad I'm a fan that genuinely enjoys what the band has been doing in recent years for the most part (giving the stink eye to you Tony Newton produced material ) and marvel at the quality of shows they can still pull off these days after 45+ years. Given they are my favorite all-time band the reverse would kinda suck...
This.
if someone says that this is not good for a 71yo grandpa, idk what is good for a 71yo grandpa.
I agree and that's all that matters.

(Only minor complaint is the Bruce talk during the beginning of Adrians solo)
I have a "theory" about that which might not be true at all but...

After that failed Wasted Years solo when Adrian totally got lost I went to check other Wasted Years performances and to me it seems that Bruce is giving hints to Adrian. That's how I see it and if true its a very clever way to do it while making it like he is interacting with the audience.

The show in O2 to me (and let me say it it again, to me) indicates that Bruce is "telling Adrian where he is". I'm sure Adrian have a bit of Bruce voice on his Ear set.

min 3 +/-

min 3.16+/-

min 2.40+/-

You can see the same on other shows, not all but it happens frequently.

Adrian can be confused (for whatever reasons) and I very much doubt its because he cannot hear the others or because of faulty equipment...

Ronnie Wood was 2 rows behind me at the second London concert and then I saw him on stage at the Hollywood Vampires show next day.

A few years back my brother and I saw Paul McCartney at the O2 and guess who made a guest appearance? Yup, Ronnie Wood! Maybe he just permanently lives backstage at the O2 trying to get onstage, like Dave Grohl at Glastonbury

I also wondered if he was invited by the Vampires and turned up on the wrong night, and maiden took pity on the old fool and gave him a ticket!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back