The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a lot of assumption and taking stuff out of context.

They’ve said that they booked studio time while they were out of touring commission during the pandemic, but then abandoned the idea because it seemed pointless to record an album when they already had an unreleased album in the vault. I’m not sure where we get that there is a studio booked for the future, they ultimately decided not to record again which means the studio time gets canceled. I’m not sure what the timeline is typically, but I imagine they make recording arrangements not that far in advance. They’re probably going to want to see how they feel at the end of the tour before making a commitment to do something between legs.
I've just written what Bruce said at the time. I know they've cancelled the booking of the studio, but coming from Bruce, as we know him, his words can mean all and nothing at the same time. He likes to always make some declarations that are true and false in the same time, so all is possible in a near future. ;) And Steve told that they will tour as long as it's possible for the band to do so physically, but that making and recording new albums more often is not an excluded option... :) So, finger crossed for us to have a new record from the band next year or in 2025. ;)

They booked a studio during lockdown but decided against it as the logistics were tough (getting band an crew to Paris) and they didn't think being stuck in studio/hotel for several months would be much fun.

They booked a studio during lockdown but decided against it as the logistics were tough (getting band an crew to Paris) and they didn't think being stuck in studio/hotel for several months would be much fun.
I know, but now that the pandemic is over, they had plenty of occasions and time to book another studio (or the same one) for an 18th record. ;)

I have it on good authority that Maiden are not on the radar of Glastonbury folk. Good.

Glastonbury is not what many think it is, its not all shite headliners and BBC coverage. What most people see of it is merely the tip of the iceberg. Its a massive space and is a haven for the lunatic fringe, mayhem for mayhems sake. But Iron Maiden will never play there. Which is fine.

In terms of our Beloved Bruce Bruce sayin "sooner than you think. " Well, that says Donnington 2024 to me. Might be time for me to finally grace the illustrious Hallowed Turf of Donnington Park but really, I couldn't give a fuck. To me, Donnington is Monsters of Rock, fires in the field, rock n roll etc, feels like a time thats long gone. Other first hand opinions are appreciated.

I keep gettin told "man, its Maiden at Donnington, MAN!" But no, not to me. That era ended when they brought a cartoon dog into play. Although it would mean something to me to hear my B Dizzle say "scream for me Donnington!"

Yeah, that might be a fine thing.

Literally typin those words has made me want to go to Download next year. Fuck sake.

Zero apologies for the stream of beautiful consciousness.

Maiden for Donnington next year. Lets all go. Lets make fires.

Thinking about new album (probably last), I wonder what direction will they go: continue writing long songs or to sum up their career write shorter songs as they did on Killers and Iron Maiden, to close full circle.
Go with your opinions
I'd like a well-balanced album (no AMOLAD, no VXI - too long, too short).
Come to think of it, that was the case with Dance of Death (though it could have been trimmed of one or two songs) but its cover was so traumatizing that it has overshadowed the music on it forever.
In my wildest dreams (eh eh), Maiden brings back Derek Riggs and his aerograph for the last album. ;)

I'd like a well-balanced album (no AMOLAD, no VXI - too long, too short).
Come to think of it, that was the case with Dance of Death (though it could have been trimmed of one or two songs) but its cover was so traumatizing that it has overshadowed the music on it forever.
In my wildest dreams (eh eh), Maiden brings back Derek Riggs and his aerograph for the last album. ;)
Sure, the Riggs artworks are great, but I don't think the DoD artwork is that bad. I quite like it.

They allegedly avoided playing the UK in 1999 for tax reasons after selling the royalties for their back catalogue before the reunion, which is like a double kick in the teeth after all those years boasting about flying the flag for Britain.
Maiden have been tax dodging since the 80's. That's the reason they would write and rehearse in Jersey and record in Nassau.

Some of the backdrops are cool (the first one is great) but overall the stage design is underwhelming IMO. Feels a bit empty and flat. Any part of the LotB set looks absolutely massive in comparsion. I’m curious if this has anything to do with the budget. Also, this is a detail, but the fact they decided to print a city landscape on the walls of the stage makes it look much more fake than a usual wall texture of some kind. Obviously, this is not super important, but that’s my observation. It’s a fantastic show anyway!
The new set is a massive upgrade over LOTB. The LED lights look amazing in an arena setting and the screens add extra dynamic to the backdrops.

Those inflatable pagodas really did look silly. Especially at Download where the wind blew them about, making them look like a children's bouncey castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back