The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if this is true, then either Hallowed or TNOTB is getting a bit of a rest probably.
I think so too. TNOTB is more likely (given that they wanted to drop it for the previous album tour). If they don't play CSIT, I think Hallowed will stay - a long song for another long song. Prisoner is no surprise since Bruce has said he wants to play it live again. Another great solo of Adrian!

If played throughout the tour, it will be the first time since 1988 to be featured in a full album tour. There were some performances in 1991, but not for the whole tour.

I still think the 5+5 hint will be true, even if they don't play CSIT. Sea Of Madness has its chances.

I still think the 5+5 hint will be true, even if they don't play CSIT. Sea Of Madness has its chances.

The 5+5 thing might have been (and might still be) the initial idea they had for the core of the set, but that poster was designed loooong before they actually started rehearsals. Therefore it's always a possibility that the plans get bit of a shake; remember Infinite Dreams 2012... And even LOTB tour probably had room for one Somewhere in Time song on the original plans (hence the stained glass art for cyborg Eddie) but plans do sometimes change when they'll get to actually building and rehearsing the set.

Clever strike by Dick :cool:
My FC membership expires June 29th, short after the Hannover show. Of course I applied to First To The Barrier for the Hannover gig on June21st for me and my buddy. As it was my buddies bday yesterday, I presented him a FC membership for a year. And as I wanted to extend my membership anyway (mostly for Tshirt sales and stuff), we both use his membership after mine soon will have expired BUT now are both signed in for the FTTB lottery. So that easily doubles the chances without much of additional effort, as I wanted to go for another year of FC membership anyway. :cool:

CSWIT is the apex opening song. Cant see anything other like that .
It's one of the best for sure. Maiden's concert openers are almost always great and effective.
I can't believe how many people don't take IM's age into account. Yeah, if they manage to play CSIT and it sounds decent, it's impressive at least.
I think it will sound good enough, but it has to be the opener.
Atleast Darkest Hour still has H's second best solo on the album. I have no problem with the song anyways.
I still can't decide between it and TWOTW. Another song that will sound even better live.
Or none of them.
Yep. Then the songs should be: CSIT, Alexander, Stranger, Heaven and Wasted Years. Or without CSIT/Heaven.
The Prisoner was great in 2013. And it’s not too difficult to sing.
It's not that easy in terms of the drumming, but Nicko plays it simpler than Clive. It will be great to finally get an official live video of the song with the Reunion lineup.
I think it would go over really well live, especially with that super-cool intro and bad-ass heavy instrumental section.
Yes, it has a similar vibe live as FTGGOG.
It very well could be legit, Bruce has recently said he wants to do it again.
It's also very plausable if they do chose the 4-5-6 combo that the SIT songs are Stranger, HCW, Wasted Years and Alexander.
Open the show with Future Past and eliminate the need for CSIT
That's really possible -> 5+4+6 (3 songs from TNOTB or another deep cut instead of one of them). There will always be a need for CSIT, but I understand your comment. Replace HCW with CSIT and we have a deal. Thus the 4 SIT songs will be huge!

I think so too. TNOTB is more likely (given that they wanted to drop it for the previous album tour). If they don't play CSIT, I think Hallowed will stay - a long song for another long song. Prisoner is no surprise since Bruce has said he wants to play it live again. Another great solo of Adrian!

If played throughout the tour, it will be the first time since 1988 to be featured in a full album tour. There were some performances in 1991, but not for the whole tour.
Wait, was NOTB meant to be dropped for BoS? I didn’t know that. Wonder what stopped them.

As for Prisoner, does this actually count as a full album tour when it’s a hybrid? We also don’t know if the song will stay throughout a 2024 leg of Future Past yet, or through PowerTrip, for that matter.

Friend just told me that his friend is in Split and he heard Maiden playing Stranger in a Strange Land and Prisoner.

Considering the venue is soundproof and you can't even get close to it I doubt it's real, but still likely.
Also, the band is not in Split anymore. Probably they took the weekend off and they will start the pre production rehearsals today. Bruce was in Zagreb yesterday, for example.

Starts with SJ = it's fake.

"[... ]we updated the current Legacy of the Beast Tour a little by opening the show with the first 3 songs from it, with the Japanese Palace stage set. As it doesn’t make a lot of sense to repeat this for a Senjutsu album tour [...]"

Considering the venue is soundproof and you can't even get close to it I doubt it's real, but still likely.
Also, the band is not in Split anymore. Probably they took the weekend off and they will start the pre production rehearsals today. Bruce was in Zagreb yesterday, for example.
That was few days ago, probably during past weekend. I guess pre production rehersals will be thursday, friday and saturday in Arena Stožice. I will see tomorrow when I will go to Arena Stožice to see if there is some action there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back